Latency issue

David Self

I have two projects, both with a track setup up for monitoring my guitar.  With the same preferences in the audio section (drivers, sync, etc) I get no noticeable delay in one and a lot of delay in the other.  The one with all the delay has 22 tracks of audio in it.  The one that i'm not hearing delay has no other audio tracks with content.  I get the delay even if I haven't hit the play button.  Any help on what might be going on would be most helpful.

If there are any plug-ins in the project the delay may be caused by buffering needed to keep everything in sync.

To see if Plug-in Delay Compensation is the cause, click the FX button in the Mix module

If the delay goes away, the cause is one or more plug-ins in the project.

Most often these plug-ins need to see into the future, such as certain dynamics processors or require time to perform calculations such as impulse response reverbs.

Often plug-ins that introduce PDC have some mention of it in their documentation.

It is possible to override PDC on tracks with input echo enabled by clicking on the PDC button in the Mix module.