[Solved] CbB going into la la land with the click of a mouse.

bitman

Tonight out of the blue CbB is loading my file but if I dare click on the interface a wait cursor circle goes 'round and never comes back.  I've seen this failure mode every once in a blue moon and it's usually the beginning of sorrows. Tonight after the first crash I rebooted as is necessary to clear the cakewalk application and this time did not click the interface but pressed space bar. It started to play cleanly. As I was admiring my work I clicked to scroll up and boom! wait cursor. Another click on the interface and Sonar went gray as is "normal when it bombs" but my song played on with the grayed out interface. when the song finished I Xed out of sonar, got the familiar crash dump dialog but before giving up I ran the latest update but that didn't magically fix things so I quit for the night in hopes that tomorrow will be better. I hate when this happens.

Windows 10 - RME 2496 PCI card.

Edited by bitman

It fixed itself. Worked all night.

I have a notion the maybe my ada8000s didn't init right as I never cycled power on that rack last night during my troubles. If I recall that was what fixed it before. I do have dumps. Want em anyway? I came here to delete the thread if possible.

9 hours ago, bitman said:

I have a notion the maybe my ada8000s didn't init right as I never cycled power on that rack last night during my troubles. If I recall that was what fixed it before. I do have dumps. Want em anyway? I came here to delete the thread if possible.

A dump file would be a good idea anyways, it could be a symptom of another issue.

On 5/21/2019 at 3:20 AM, bitman said:

Tonight out of the blue CbB is loading my file but if I dare click on the interface a wait cursor circle goes 'round and never comes back.

sounds like a "threading" issue? ie, a process won't let the app respond until it's finished whatever it's doing itself

14 hours ago, bitman said:

Yes please send a dump.

Well it doesn't seem to be creating a dmp file for this particular initial mousedown fault as I thought and it happened again tonight but this time I power cycled the whole shebang and it's working again. I'm sure this is a hardware fault somewhere and not CbB. I'll get it sorted. Actually it acts like a mousehook that isn't returning.

Edited by bitman