Cakewalk Drum Editing Tutorial

JL

A few days ago someone asked about multi-track drum editing in cakewalk on the facebook user group, so i decided to record a short tutorial on how i usually proceed with non-destructive editing drums with the help of audiosnap!

Check out the video here:

Edited by JL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

thanks guys! this is my first tutorial, hope i manage to get my point across well. My new year's resolution is to do more vids and definitely more cakewalk ones, so subscribe if you wanna see more!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/1/2019 at 9:05 AM, JL said:

A few days ago someone asked about multi-track drum editing in cakewalk on the facebook user group, so i decided to record a short tutorial on how i usually proceed with non-destructive editing drums with the help of audiosnap!

Check out the video here:

Look at me being xtra and unnecessary quoting the whole 4k sized video 😂 😂😂😂  I am on a role tonight I tell ya!

Just wanted to give thanks to your demonstration of (advanced) live drum editing which happens to be one of the features that SONAR 7 (Roland Corp.) offered which then made S7 the DAW to beat in 2007.  Audiosnap was a heaven sent feature at that time in my life when my bands drummer had an ATV accident while on tour, being serious enough that we had to hire various drummers who were willing to fill in and endure the small scale tour life (sleeping 5 in a passenger van aka get use to cuddling your bandmates when stuck in a blizzard 😣)

So of course new songs had to be demo'd and having so many drummers vary in their qualities suited for our style, had we not had Audiosnap to clean up all of the rush takes, sloppy performances due to lack of scheduling for rehearsals, and just taking anyone willing to pretend to be a drummer, was just about fine as long as I could mop it all up in Cakewalk! 

Worked like a charm!  Worked like Cinderella on her step mothers marble floors!