Need help with midi playback for cakewalk drums

Jerry Kelly

Hi,

First time posting from a newbie.  I just downloaded Cakewalk recently and have been watching youtube tutorials.  I have been trying to figure out how to get the drums to work.  I follow the tutorial and click and drag the drum kit to the left, which opens a midi track.  I open the kit, and can play the preset samples - I can both hear them and see them registering on the sound meter on the track.   I dragged pre set clips into the timeline / track - I can see them there.  However, when I play the track, there is no sound and nothing registering on the sound meter either.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, and am frustrated that it's not working.  I am sure it must be something simple(although nothing really seems simple in Cakewalk!).  I would appreciate any help.  This problem isn't happening when I record and playback guitar.

If these "pre set clips" were not created or supplied by Cakewalk and the drum kit is SI-Drums, chances are the clips contain data causing the synth engine in the plug-in to shut down. 

If this is the case, the easiest way to address the problem is

• close and re-open the project, then
  • open up the plug-in UI  then
  • click on the VST2 drop down shown in the image below
  • open Plug-in Properties and
  • enable "Do not intercept NRPNs"

3Oa2ztH.png

FYI, all the Studio Instrument plug-ins work the same way.