MIDI drum track "reducing" kick in MT-Powerkit 1

Mark Baker

Question

Hi all. I've got an issue where I've dumped a midi drum track into my project, and my usually very reliable MT-Powerkit 1 ends up with the internal fader for the kick reduced as low as it can go. I can drag the fader back up to 0 but when I press play again, the same movement is made.

The MIDI track initially came from downloading and editing a track from songsterr.com in tuxguitar, removing all of the other instruments leaving only the drums and then exporting as MIDI. I've done this several times before, and occasionally this has happened in the past but normally I drag the fader back to 0 and it stays that way. For this particular case, it seems to reset each time. The only thing I can think of is that there were some unmapped shakers in the drum midi that I've now removed, but even the removal of those hasn't helped.

Any pointers would be great.

Cheers.

6 answers to this question

Apologies for the delay in getting back, it's been a busy few days with my daughters birthday etc. The event list worked perfectly, there were a bunch of other instructions about phase, tremolo and other things at the very start. Deleted those and worked perfectly!

That video is really useful, thank you. I will check out the entire series, it looks really useful.

• Like 1