Midi orchestra playing but nothing visible on the track?

Hi all,

I am busy with a  song with Spitfire Audio Orchestral strings playing, and I have split the track, and deleted the end section, as it didn't work, but the strings are still playing.(endlessly) I've done a screen shot, anyone know what todays ***** up is by yours truly? How do I shut it up?

Thanks.

Untitled.png

1 minute ago, RICHARD HUTCHINS said:

Hi all,

I am busy with a  song with Spitfire Audio Orchestral strings playing, and I have split the track, and deleted the end section, as it didn't work, but the strings are still playing.(endlessly) I've done a screen shot, anyone know what todays ***** up is by yours truly? How do I shut it up?

Thanks.

Untitled.png

I'm trying to sort this while I wait for help from someone who knows what they are doing, I kept looking for a reason, and now I can see what looks like a big endless block of sustain, again see image. So assuming this is the problem, my next question is;

1. How on earth did I manage to do that?

2. How do i delete it?

Untitled.png

Since I don't use the PRV or automation lanes, I would either (1) go into View >   Event List and (1a) delete/move the final CC64 that's causing the sustain or (1b) manually add a CC64 off where I want it off, or (2) record [overdub] a CC64 on/off where I want the sustain off.

You probably can do something from the CC64 lane, too, but I can't tell you how to do it. 

I am trying to create something that looks like yours to see if editing the event list as I mentioned (1a) would affect the block your image shows.

Edited by User 905133

Glad you figured it out before I was able to re-create something to undo in the PRV.  For me tweaking the Event List comes naturally. I'll let someone else speculate how the sustain got there in the first place. Changing CC64 = on to off is handy!!!  If you wanted to add an event (such as a CC64 = off) that's pretty handy, too. 

7 minutes ago, scook said:

Could just delete the event by clicking on the leftmost column for the row then click the - button at the top of the view

So, I took a look at the PRV and tried that ^^^ with my test recording.  Nice to know editing can be done in there, too. One of these decades maybe the PRV will become "intuitive" for me.

I was referring to the event list.

Removing the event in the PRV is pretty easy though, using the Smart Tool, lasso the event and click the delete key.

Clicking the - button in the controller header hides the controller instead of removing it, just like envelopes in automation lanes the track view.

1 hour ago, RICHARD HUTCHINS said:

Hi all,

Thanks.

Untitled.png

Next time: Just hit the note or chord that's ringing out endlessly. It literally used to happen in every project I worked on in CbB. It is an old bug. 

12 minutes ago, scook said:

I was referring to the event list.

Removing the event in the PRV is pretty easy though, using the Smart Tool, lasso the event and click the delete key.

Clicking the - button in the controller header hides the controller instead of removing it, just like envelopes in automation lanes the track view.

Ahhhhh.  Thanks for the clarification.  I see that in the PRV, the Erase Tool also works for selectively erasing CCs (or anything else I wanted to delete).

2 hours ago, RICHARD HUTCHINS said:

I'm trying to sort this while I wait for help from someone who knows what they are doing, I kept looking for a reason, and now I can see what looks like a big endless block of sustain, again see image. So assuming this is the problem, my next question is;

1. How on earth did I manage to do that?

2. How do i delete it?

Untitled.png

It looks like you accidentally pressed your sustain pedal while recording, and stopped recording while the pedal was still pressed down, so it didn't record the cc64 off command.

If you are a piano player, it is a common mistake, to use the pedal all the time.

Yes that's what I am coming round to realise! Its almost instinctive to use the pedal, I even do this when arranging string parts, until I listen to the mushy sound I generated! Translating my music into a digital language after years of an acoustic piano is difficult.

But.............. thanks to the kind folks on this forum I am emerging from the primeval swamp ! ☺️ But seriously , thanks for helping out. 👍 

• Like 1