Exporting Project to MP3 Results In Unreadable MP3

Ian Coleman

Question

So I'm trying to generate an MP3 file of a song in-progress. But I'm having trouble getting anything except CbB to play the generated MP3 file.

I go to File -> Export -> Audio

I choose Preset: Entire Mix - MP3, then export with default settings. I don't get any errors; an MP3 is generated. When I try to play it in Windows Media Player or iTunes I get the error "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file." In iTunes, I got an error the first time, but now it just refuses to play without error. 

One further clue to the mystery: If I drag the MP3 back into CbB, an audio track is created, and I can play it back without any problems. Weird, huh?

Any advice greatly appreciated,

--Ian

My Export Options:

image.thumb.png.1bd38381851b652291e97ae38c8827e0.png

MP3 options:

image.png.45e95eaff8837e5b6c043ec93fa8c4d7.png

iTunes song info reports:

image.png.116d485b876f4f1dc201f0973b1cff8c.png

3 answers to this question

I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary here at all, and I've never had problems with any kind of audio export from CbB, so this is really strange.

Is CbB still open when you're attempting to play it in the other media players? It's possible it's not sharing drivers which is making the other apps throw weird errors. If you haven't done so already, close CbB down entirely and see if the MP3 plays in other apps.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

9 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

Is CbB still open when you're attempting to play it in the other media players? It's possible it's not sharing drivers which is making the other apps throw weird errors. If you haven't done so already, close CbB down entirely and see if the MP3 plays in other apps.

Grr. That's *exactly* what was going on. So many moving parts... Thanks Tim!

• Like 1