Quantize pane for Pianoroll

IgoRr

For many years I have been working at DAW from the Cakewalk company, and all these years I think that our program is missing a small Quantize pane in the Piano Roll. This could have been the controls for coantise and swing right during the playback of the fragment. It might look like a panel from Logic Pro X, although there is something similar in Cubase. Personally, I like the Logic Pro X version more and it seems convenient, although the Cakewalk team can certainly make their version no worse.

Thanks in advance!

I attach the screen.

Quantize pane.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

52 minutes ago, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

You can kinda do this with the midiFX quantize plugin

In general, yes, but the most convenient and logical place for such a block - is the Piano roll, where you can select the necessary notes or fragments, it seems to me. And precisely not in the form of some additional plug-in or plug-in module, but as a part of Cakewalk itself.

Edited by IgoRr

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

How would this be different from what is already available in the Inspector and with the Piano Roll right click menu?

How can you work with individual notes/fragments of a track using a primitive quantize block in Inspector? Besides the fact that the Inspector contains only INPUT quantize, it can also be applied only to the selected clip as a whole.

I specifically explained: it would be much more convenient to have such an open (NOT a drop-down menu) module in the Piano Roll, so that you can select the desired notes or fragments, and be able to control the quantize parameters when PLAYING the project.

13 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

How would this be different from what is already available in the Inspector and with the Piano Roll right click menu?

Real time feedback whilst moving the quatanise sliders  - I would also include humanise too...being able to see what it is doing to the notes in real time is a huge benefit

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

Ohh, okay, I get it. Thanks for the clarification. It's not about input quantization, nor is it about just selecting the notes and right clicking to add the quantization at one go, you guys want to be able to select the notes and then adjust the quantization on the fly. While listening to the effect it's having.

That does sound like a very handy thing, and I, too would want to be able to do it with Humanize.

• Like 1