How to shift all automation along with events?

Ronman

I have many tracks of MIDI instruments (no audio).  I want to insert one measure of silence in the middle, across all tracks.  So I select everything in all tracks from a certain point to the end, and do one of two things:

a) Process->Slide

But this only gives an option for sliding events, not automation.

b) Project -> Insert Time/Measures

This slides automation along with events, but not everything.  For example, it's sliding the volume automation lane but leaving my Kontakt Dynamics automation in the original location.

How do I slide everything?

Edited by Ronman

The easiest way to slide everything is to create an arranger section covering the things you want to move, and move the section.  When you left click the section it toggles events selection on/off, so make sure events are on when you move it.

Moving an arranger section moves everything, including both tracks & bus automation.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Adding up to msmcleod, just be sure to engage the right options for your needs (see image 1).

And there is a second way to do it, by engaging Ripple Edit All (image 2) . It will edit all your selected data without using arranger tracks. And remember to disable when you are finished !!

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

• Great Idea 1