Extend/Shorten a Clip Selection

marcL

When I want to select a portion of a clip precisely (zoomed in) I do not succeed sometimes, because the selection is over several screen pages. Is there a simple way to extend or shorten the current selection?

The only thing I have found is "Edit > Select > From = Now / Thru = Now", but this is not so convenient because first, I have to change the now time and second, it selects all lanes even if there was only a portion of one clip selected!

I think you can ctrl + click near the beginning or end of selection to adjust.

15 minutes ago, marled said:

The only thing I have found is "Edit > Select > From = Now / Thru = Now", but this is not so convenient because first, I have to change the now time and second, it selects all lanes even if there was only a portion of one clip selected!

After you edit From/Thru=Now you can click on desired track number to select only that track portion again... I think.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, scook said:

Large format Select Module has entries for start and end select times

Essentially this is the same as the "Edit > Select > From = Now /Thru = Now" and i.e. the now time has to be changed, too. On the other hand the access to this functionality via the Select Module is more straight forward. Thanks scook!

9 hours ago, chris.r said:

I think you can ctrl + click near the beginning or end of selection to adjust.

Thanks chris, I gave this a try, but in my CbB it is SHIFT + click instead of ctrl. Though it works great if the aim assist is activated! And there is no need to change the now time!

9 hours ago, chris.r said:

After you edit From/Thru=Now you can click on desired track number to select only that track portion again... I think.

I know, I was aware of that. But essentially it is needless, would be great they fixed this! 😁 Even though I can live with it, no great problem!

But, with Ctrl+click, you can add more to an already selected portion.

With Shift click, you can select a whole range.

With Ctrl+click you can add more to already selected sections.

HTH