Is there a "Per audio clip" lossless volume adjustment? (no permanent gain audio processing)

pulsewalk

Is there a "Per clip" lossless volume adjustment? When I right click an audio clip, I cannot find an option for volume adjustment for that particular clip.

I do not want to adjust the entire track volume, but only lower the volume on one clip.

Also, I rather not use Process>Apply Effect>Gain, because that will "permanently" change the audio clip volume.

Volume automation track adjustment is not really an option either, as it would alter the volume for the entire track no matter how many clips that's overlapping.

Is there a way to adjust the volume on "per audio clip" basis?

8 minutes ago, scook said:

Every clip has a gain envelope, change the edit filter to Clip Automation > Clip Gain to expose them.

poYi6mo.png

Thank you! That solved the problem! Although a bit more work than I hoped for. There's no way to add the clip gain option to the right click menu? (Changing the edit filter will do that for the entire track instead of only the clip I want to adjust).

I'm however glad that there's at least an option to adjust gain :)

So you have 30 audio clips in a track you would then need to add a plug in to each?  I was thinking the OP hadn’t tried using the clip gain properly. If you do then it certainly works brilliantly and takes no time at all to run through multiple clips in a track and adjust each. Nothing wrong with what ever method one chooses as long as it’s fast and simple. As you know there’s always 10 ways to do the same things in Cakewalk. 
I’m going to try @Andres Medina  trick I didn’t know about that one seems exactly what the OP was after. See 11 ways to do the same thing. 

• Like 1

While my first suggestion was clip automation, if I have this

24 minutes ago, John Vere said:

So you have 30 audio clips in a track you would then need to add a plug in to each?

and wanted to adjust some or all of the clips at the same time would I

• individually adjust the clip gains or
  • adjust one Blue Cat gain plug-in with the all the rest grouped with it.

Not only that but using Blue Cat's grouping feature makes automating multiple instances of the plug-in very easy unlike using CbB automation.

• Like 1