HE CAN'T TAKE YOU HOME v4

Supa Reels

On 1/6/2022 at 4:05 PM, Kevin Walsh said:

Very nice! Shades of Dave Matthews to my cauliflower ears. Sounds really good to me on my ancient KRK Rokit5's . I really like the vocal style here, delicate and a little vulnerable, very effective for the song.

I think this is my favorite of your songs.

11 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Good tune,

I hear that.

Yeah, I'd push that drum buss up some, unless as Kurt said "that's what you are going for"

👍

t

On 1/6/2022 at 4:31 PM, KurtS said:

I like this tune, reminds me of a Paul Simon song. To  me it needs more bottom end and the drums are a long ways away. Maybe that's what you are going for . 

I have re-mixed this as I felt your comments were extremely astute ...

I love to have your feelings on this v#2

Thankyou for the input

Steve

• Like 1

Steve, Extremely Nice Song !  I too am picking up that great Paul Simon feel. I think you have your Fantastic vocals mixed in Perfectly. The mix sounds Real good .  (getting picky) the one thing I was wanting was to hear was that almost reversed sounding filtered drum part to be spread out more or sweeping more to the right side of the mix  . Wondering if it was just my imagination , I swapped my headphones around backwards , and thought it sounded Way better sitting static but on the right side.  ??   Something to consider if you do a remix.    I Loved it ..  mark

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mark skinner said:

Steve, Extremely Nice Song !  I too am picking up that great Paul Simon feel. I think you have your Fantastic vocals mixed in Perfectly. The mix sounds Real good .  (getting picky) the one thing I was wanting was to hear was that almost reversed sounding filtered drum part to be spread out more or sweeping more to the right side of the mix  . Wondering if it was just my imagination , I swapped my headphones around backwards , and thought it sounded Way better sitting static but on the right side.  ??   Something to consider if you do a remix.    I Loved it ..  mark

Thankyou Mark .. it's a strange thing that almost always avoids me from a balanced mix, in that I have a problem with my hearing on the the right, making some of my mixes a little heavy on that side, I am soo impressed on your observation not to say, also, a little worried,. I have to usually come to a finish point on an individual track or mix of,  and then rely on meters to get the desired balance. Then playing it out with fine tuning ... on this I am afraid, I omitted my usual  regime thinking it would pass ...But then I forgot how astute this site can be LOL .. Thankyou so much for the feedback and your observations Mr Skinner ... blinding feedback that's for sure 👍

Stay well

Steve 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KurtS said:

I think the drums may be too loud now, at least on my speakers it sounds that way.

OOh bummer ... Ok I'll do a remix again think you may be right ... thanks mate as I got a few things to do given Mark's I/P

Many thanks for listening I'll take a few Db's out

ATB

Steve

On 1/9/2022 at 6:57 PM, Paul Bush said:

Oh yes Liked this very much great melody , wasnt too keen on the fill guitar percussion did the trick  , great vocals top song ...

On 1/9/2022 at 8:17 PM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Steve

Like this a lot, vocals are great - good song

Nigel

On 1/9/2022 at 8:26 PM, David Sprouse said:

I like the 2/4 feel to it.  This almost reminds me of simon and garfunkel.  You're  definitely on their level (IMHO)  Another brilliant one.

Thanks for the comments we all know it's a puffed chest to get good feedback .... my chest is puffed LOL

Steve