IK MODO Bass Month

cclarry

1 hour ago, Rico Belled said:

I'm a pro bass player, and I have to say: IT'S AWESOME! Damn, I've produced tracks here at my house where the quick demo done with Modo sounded so good, and realistic, I never even bothered redoing with a real bass.

R

Nice, I'd bet with decent audio to MIDI you could really get some great tracks and with some basses you probably don't have at your disposal (and if you do have all the basses in MODO BASS at your disposal for real, I'm both jealous and happy for you).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Nice, I'd bet with decent audio to MIDI you could really get some great tracks and with some basses you probably don't have at your disposal (and if you do have all the basses in MODO BASS at your disposal for real, I'm both jealous and happy for you).

Ha! I don't have ALL the basses, but most of the typical ones! Audio to Midi has WAY too much latency for me, as cool as it is, to play ACTUAL bass, even though the newest "Midi Guitar" or whatever it's called is decent. Pocket is everything and I can feel any RTL that's more than 5ms immediately...

3 hours ago, Rico Belled said:

Ha! I don't have ALL the basses, but most of the typical ones! Audio to Midi has WAY too much latency for me, as cool as it is, to play ACTUAL bass, even though the newest "Midi Guitar" or whatever it's called is decent. Pocket is everything and I can feel any RTL that's more than 5ms immediately...

Oh for sure I never use audio to MIDI real time.  I use it more for drums but always after a track has been recorded.

I like changing the instrument parameters to change the sounds; seems far more "intuitive" than selecting randomly named bass presets. 

As for cost, I got mine "free."  I had tried to get ST3 mid-2020 but was told by IK it hadn't been available for a long time  (since ST4 came out). Then a few months later, TS2 MAX was on sale and it had ST3!!!!!  So I got that and a whole bunch of other "freebies," one of which was MODO BASS!  🙂 

Edited by User 905133
fixed out of order word
  • Haha 2

I call it Goto Bass as I use it on almost everything. I just wish they would add an upright/double bass; then I wouldn't need anything else. I guess the modelling engine isn't really designed for acoustic instruments though. 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

... as well as glissando/portamento articulations.

That would be a good idea.

I have had to draw in wheel articulations in the past to simulate a slide from one note to another; very time consuming.

6 hours ago, ZincT said:

That would be a good idea.

I have had to draw in wheel articulations in the past to simulate a slide from one note to another; very time consuming.

Indeed. My workaround is to record the real fretless bass, which is a lot easier than programming MIDI if the bass is well written and no rearranging is required. In all other cases I'd prefer a VI over the real thing.

• Great Idea 1