IWICB

ABull

I've just listened to this song, took a short break, then listened a few more times in a row. It's really great! Love the lyrics not to mention the irony of posting it at this time of year 🙂 I really enjoyed the use of harmony also. All the other instruments fitted the song perfectly. Well done!

• Like 1

Another wonderful piece from you!  I love the lyrics!  The vocals (lead and harmonies), and over all performance are excellent. This a well constructed, very creative piece and the mix sounds good on my system.

Well done my friend!

Edited by freddy j
correction
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 5:33 PM, Jimbo 88 said:

I can't believe... how many good songs are on this forum.  Reminds me a little of Lennon or maybe George Harrison in the Traveling Wilbury's.

NICE!

Hey Jimbo -- glad ya like the song and thanks for commenting :) -- Allan.

On 1/6/2022 at 10:57 PM, Craig N said:

I've just listened to this song, took a short break, then listened a few more times in a row. It's really great! Love the lyrics not to mention the irony of posting it at this time of year 🙂 I really enjoyed the use of harmony also. All the other instruments fitted the song perfectly. Well done!

Hey Craig -- thanks for commenting -- I'm glad you like the song and performances -- this song is not anti-religion per se -- it's against anyone thinking that any mere mortal could ever know the reality of the ultimate mystery (and yeah, I realize that stating that is also presumptuous) --😉 -- Allan

On 1/7/2022 at 8:06 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

Nice job Allan - you're a top-notch song craftsman - I was most impressed by your vocal and vocal harmonies in this one - nicely done.

Only crit - the volume overall was a bit low for my listening experience.

Thanks Douglas 😉 -- Allan.

On 1/7/2022 at 12:31 PM, freddy j said:

Another wonderful piece from you!  I love the lyrics!  The vocals (lead and harmonies), and over all performance are excellent. This a well constructed, very creative piece and the mix sounds good on my system.

Well done my friend!

Hi Freddy, thanks for those kind comments -- I'm pleased you like the song and performances 😉 -- Allan.

@ABull  Great music!

I'm not sure what your goals were so far as the mix is concerned. What I heard was a dynamically even mix with plenty of space between the tracks. No extreme upper or lower end, however enough low to hear the bass line. I think the vocals sat well in this. On my studio head phones the mix was fairly dry. If you have reverb on it I imagine it's a simple plate or similar. 

Belief is an interesting concept. I think we need help to believe. The chair I'm sitting in is holding me up, therefore I believe in the support of the chair. An interesting subject to use as a subject line.👍

Congrats on this one.

-Tim

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2022 at 2:23 PM, Paul Bush said:

Hi Allan I Just love your meandering melodies , and thats the hard part there´s always a surprise in store...... nice one 

Hey Paul, glad ya like my meandering -- thanks for commenting -- 😉 -- Allan.

On 1/9/2022 at 3:24 PM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Allan

Like this one a lot - as I think someone else said was a bit quiet, apart from that cool stuff

Nigel

Hey Nigel, thanks for commenting -- yeah, it's so quiet cos it's an unmastered rough mix -- so no limiting and such -- thanks mate -- 😉 -- Allan.