Say You Will

Douglas Kirby

Hi Everybody,

I just remixed and polished up The Westerly Sessions Volume II, and this is a rocker from that album that I never posted. On this I sang the vocal using a Rode NT1-A through a Warm Audio Tone Beast. The NT1-A is a bit bright, but I think it works well on busy rock mixes. The rhythm guitar is a Fender Strat, and the lead guitar is a Gibson Les Paul - both using TH-U. The drums are AD2 - the Black Velvet kit. Regarding reverb on this one, I used Breverb and REmatrix - my go-to reverbs.

As always, any comments and critiques are welcome, and thanks for listening.

Here it is:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14080536

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeeringAmps said:

"I think you're outta sight" well done that Doug!

Always a fan.

👍's

always "stay tuned" on Doug's channel, there's way more to hear...

t

the butterfly on the wall of McCormick's, that's photoshopped on; right?

Hey Tom - thanks for the positive comments and for listening - I always appreciate your ears.

By the way, my brother took that photo - the butterfly is not photo-shopped - he doesn't believe in using it - lol - he's old school regarding photography.

• Like 1

Great job on this one ! It's a rocker for sure. You did a Fantastic job on All of the guitars , I especially liked the bass and the different treatment on the guitar breaks. No crits . The drums sounded live , but I also thought there were a few places that need a little TLC.    Very powerful chorus sections and Great job on All of the vocals. Very impressive song with your "signature" sound.     Enjoyed it ..  mark

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 9:21 AM, mark skinner said:

Great job on this one ! It's a rocker for sure. You did a Fantastic job on All of the guitars , I especially liked the bass and the different treatment on the guitar breaks. No crits . The drums sounded live , but I also thought there were a few places that need a little TLC.    Very powerful chorus sections and Great job on All of the vocals. Very impressive song with your "signature" sound.     Enjoyed it ..  mark

Thanks for the kind words Mark - I appreciate it.

3 hours ago, freddy j said:

Great song and performance Douglas.  This is one of those song where the melody on the choruses just sticks in one's head and you hum it all day long.  Good guitar work and mix.  Oh ya, and vocals.

Nice one!

Thanks for the positive vibes Freddy - I appreciate it.

Hey Douglas, this has a very New York circa late 70s feel to it -- esp. your vocals.  The mix is great on this -- really like that bass (what kinda bass is that?)  I like how you brought in the different guitars later in the song -- makes for interesting listening.  Cool guitar part and tone on that lead section -- almost getting a bit Tom Verlaine there. -- Good work, mate.  This is my favorite I've heard from you -- 😉 -- Allan.

Edited by ABull

17 hours ago, ABull said:

Hey Douglas, this has a very New York circa late 70s feel to it -- esp. your vocals.  The mix is great on this -- really like that bass (what kinda bass is that?)  I like how you brought in the different guitars later in the song -- makes for interesting listening.  Cool guitar part and tone on that lead section -- almost getting a bit Tom Verlaine there. -- Good work, mate.  This is my favorite I've heard from you -- 😉 -- Allan.

Thanks Allan - I'm glad you liked it.

• Like 1