Reverb(s) on Guitar

Mesh

I've been using the reverbs that come with the amp sims (TH3, BIAS, A4 etc...) and recently, have been spending some time with Kuassa/Audio Assault's amps lately.

I do like Overloud's Breverb and happy with it, but wanted to see what all of you are using on guitars.

• Like 1

I use the reverbs that come with the amp sims and I also use PSP's Springbox if I'm going for a spring reverb with a heavier mix and I like Eventide's Blackhole for ambient things and there are various reverbs I use in Reaktor.

• Like 2

I have an old Digitech Digiverb reverb stomp box that actually sounds really good, and I like the oldskoolverb, and BlueVerb works for some guitar stuff.

but mostly I use the Sonitus Reverb. it seems to be the least intrusive.

• Like 1

I've been using Guitar Rig 5 a lot lately, and I really like it. I held off due to a traditionalist recording engineer/producer saying he can tell the difference between a DI guitar with amp sim or other guitar plug-ins and an actual mic'd amp. Since I've been having issues with my amp lately, I decided to forgo that advice, and now I have decided to ignore that advice altogether since it still sounds good.

Also, try Breverb. I like it.

9 hours ago, Byron Dickens said:

And if so, does your audience even care?

Mostly, only other guitar players really care. In a mix, it really doesn't matter as long as the guitar(s) sound good in context.

Dan

Edited by dcumpian
typo
  • Like 2

If I'm not using the guitar sim's reverb, I will probably use convolution or Breverb CW edition.

Speaking of, I am really impressed with the reverb in S-Gear.  It just does so many things so well.

Also, Guitar Rig's Vintage Verb is really nice.  One trick I recently discovered is to use the Octoverb's "Guitar" preset with a short time and mixed low or against another verb to give a bit of life to rhythm guitar.

• Great Idea 1