Pripyat by Mnrtra Instruments

cclarry

It'd be better if me and a bunch of other people could actually get their plugin to work. It worked for me the first time I used it then it wouldn't make a sound. The developer responded to me a week ago and said he'd get in touch with me the beginning of this week but I haven't heard from him. He said it was the first time that problem was ever reported, then I went back to their forum and someone had reported the identical problem and he stated that it was the first time that problem was ever reported. Considering Reid AKA Tiger the Frog has also been also dealing with being unable to get Mndala's Mntra plugin working, I'd strongly recommend people beware before spending on this plugin. Again, it originally worked for me and I really liked it -- then it never worked again and their support disappeared before helping. I realize this developer only recently launched, but they clearly don't have their product ready for prime time at this point and I think it's important to make others aware. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

The problem I have is that the plugin works, but I have no interface.  The "Piano Key Buttons" show,
so the instrument can be played...but you can't see any parameters or the interface at all.  That's
In CbB...I haven't tried them elsewhere...which I will do today...just see if the problem is across
DAW's

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cclarry said:

The problem I have is that the plugin works, but I have no interface.  The "Piano Key Buttons" show,
so the instrument can be played...but you can't see any parameters or the interface at all.  That's
In CbB...I haven't tried them elsewhere...which I will do today...just see if the problem is across
DAW's

So, you, Reid and I all are experiencing different problems with their plugin and while the developer responded to my support ticket last week, telling me that he'd be able to assist me in a week (that is, he promised he'd get back to me this week on Monday) and since disappeared, I don't have great confidence that this developer is going to get all of these problems worked out any time soon. As Reid posted, I wish this developer would have released his libraries for KONTAKT so we wouldn't have to deal with a poorly coded, not adequately tested plugin. Even if he gets it working for us this week, I don't have a lot of confidence in his ability to maintain a stable, working plugin after my experience and witnessing posts from others with a bunch of different show stopping issues. Other sample developers who want to release their own plugins, take note. This should serve as a cautionary tale. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

There is a 50% off sale on all Mntra Instruments now.

https://www.mntra.io/instruments

So Pripyat is $15 ($29) and UDW (Aztec Death Whistles) is also $15 ($25)

Even with 50% off  the other instruments are $39.    And Orakle X (the big brother of Orakle) is $59 ($120)  

For me, all the patches in RASA and ORAKLE work fine.  Most of the patches in FRCTURE are also fine.  But when I load some of them, it freezes and also brings down Unify and Cubase.   I feel like this problem is solvable for me. Bad samples.  I'm going to check and see which patches crash it and write them.

If there was a reasonable update to Orakle X, I might be interested.   (The update was free if you bought ORAKLE  before September)  I like their stuff.

I agree with you that these problems shouldn't happen, but I do believe that if a library works it will continue working.

And that's how I would see it even if my name wasn't RD ROSFLT. 😀

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Just an update here...

I bought the Atma instrument pack from Plugin Boutique for $10 (Feb deal), which includes their MNDALA player. A sampling engine by Mntra, a small team from Toronto.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/64-Virtual-Instrument/8115-Atma

So far, so good. No crashes! The Frcture and Rasa instrument packs are also free at the moment. So 3 sound packs for $10. :)

https://www.mntra.io/instruments

"All of our Sound Sculpture instruments are loaded with our free MNDALA Engine, allowing you to quickly switch between many different sonic landscapes. Simply download it for free and load in any Sound Sculpture Instrument."

So you can download the free instruments + the free MNDALA Player to check it out first. No risk!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Aren’t these the guys from that radioactive piano?

No, not the radioactive piano team. :)

The OP here was for the Pripyat sound library for the MNDALA player, by Mntra Instruments. The radioactive Pripyat Pianos was the Kontakt library of actual radioactive pianos from Pripyat in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone by Strix Instruments.

From the Mntra Instruments description:

Irradiated Synth Textures

At the core of Pripyat is MNTRA's desire to present a collection of electronic textures with a unique aesthetic and take full advantage of the cutting-edge sound design engine MNDALA. This library features brutal electromagnetic interference, normally inaudible to the human ear - both in its pure form and re-amped through various acoustic resonators, warbling vintage analog synthesizers processed through various guitar pedals and Eurorack modular effects, and clamorous ultrasonic recordings of dry ice on a rare Marimbaphone and a Bombo drum, as well as additional percussion sounds.

Within the proprietary MNDALA engine, the source material is vastly expanded, allowing you to create deeply textured soundscapes, as well as go-to synth basses, pads, leads, and FX. MNTRA's team of experienced sound designers have created a collection of 60 presets to get you started right out of the box, so whether you’re looking for quick inspiration or a complex sound design environment, there's something for you.

To intuitively control the complex array of back-end parameters in real-time, MNTRA created an interactive animated scene inspired by retro soviet poster art, allowing you to intuitively ‘play’ Pripyat like a physical instrument.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

May not be related to this particular plugin - but any plugin that uses opengl will crash any DAW on my main computer.
My system doesn't support opengl.  If the plugin uses opengl as it's default setting and I can manage to turn that setting off, I'm good otherwise it's a no go for me.

Just loaded up one of the free libraries FRCTURE 

I can get it to play but it crackles - just checked another project with other synths installed an no problems there

When opened MNDLA comes up with a message that 'buffer size of 441 samples is not supported - please change to a buffer with a multiple of 8'. I have tried to alter the buffer size but CbB doesn't seem to allow me to

I'm using WASAPI Shared onboard Realtek sound chip at 44100 sampling rate. I know nothing about Sample Rates so don't want to mess with this without advice in case it affects anything else! I'm not that desperate to use the free sounds! 

Any ideas?  

Edited by JoeGBradford

2 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

Just loaded up one of the free libraries FRCTURE 

I can get it to play but it crackles - just checked another project with other synths installed an no problems there

When opened MNDLA comes up with a message that 'buffer size of 441 samples is not supported - please change to a buffer with a multiple of 8'. I have tried to alter the buffer size but CbB doesn't seem to allow me to

I'm using WASAPI Shared at 44100 sampling rate. I know nothing about Sample Rates so don't want to mess with this without advice in case it affects anything else! I'm not that desperate to use the free sounds! 

Any ideas?  

Yep. The message you got about "buffer size 441" means exactly that. Change your buffer size to 512 or something like that,which is a multiple of 8. Your sampling rate is fine.

I switched my buffer size to 441, and got exactly the same message from MNDALA as you. I always use a multiple of 8, such as 128, 256, 512, etc.

I tested WASAPI shared in CbB, and discovered that the buffer size is locked to the sample rate.

The closest that I could come is to use a sample rate of 48,000, which automatically gave me a buffer size of 480. That worked! Must be a Windows thing. I normally use ASIO (with my Focusrite USB), so never noticed this before. ASIO lets me adjust them independently.

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1