Transport extremely slow with Videos

Heinz Hupfer

Question

HI:)

As soon as I open the Videotrack ("V") or the Video View the Transport goes extremely slow

(Ctrl+PgUp/Pgdown or Controller related to this)

, sometimes it freezes for seconds and then move stutteringly forward or backwards. 

With not opening the Videotrack or View, but have loaded the video, everthings fine.

It's unworkable with seeing the video, but the "G" command, this works. Zooming is fine too, only the transport commands are reacting very slow.

Is there a workaround with the graphics card? I'm working very seldom with videos so it never was a problem, but now I have a longer Video for to work with, but I can't always just use "G", Jogging doesn't work too.

Thanks;)

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

2 answers to this question

I work with video often in Sonar and the type of video file is critical for smooth or slow playback. Try converting your video to a different format or 2 and see if it works smoother. Also, you may want to reduce the size of the video file while you are editing and then reinsert the bigger video (more pixels, higher quality) when you do your final output render. I use a very affordable and easy to use program called "Movavi Suite" and find converting to 'Video for PowerPoint' always makes the video play smoother in Sonar. Movavi offers a free trial and it goes for under $100 (I used a coupon and got mine for about $35 5 years ago or so). It also includes a decent video editor, a very nice screen capture program, and a slide show creator and other decent video programs.  Give it a try!

Edited by user390096