Creating sends pre FX

norfolkmastering

There are times when you want to create a track send which is completely clean, which means before the FX in the signal chain.  Looks to be impossible at the moment as the Pre Fader option is still post FX.

I know there are possible work arounds by cloning tracks etc but these are definitely not user friendly.

I also know that other folks have made this request before.

Could we get an idea from the development team if this is a big deal to do?

Regards

Robert

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2022 at 3:59 PM, norfolkmastering said:

There are times when you want to create a track send which is completely clean, which means before the FX in the signal chain.  Looks to be impossible at the moment as the Pre Fader option is still post FX.

I know there are possible work arounds by cloning tracks etc but these are definitely not user friendly.

I also know that other folks have made this request before.

Could we get an idea from the development team if this is a big deal to do?

Regards

Robert

Anyone from the Cakewalk team able to comment on this request please?

3 hours ago, norfolkmastering said:

Anyone from the Cakewalk team able to comment on this request please?

Are you talking about a send from the track itself? Cause if you click on the orange (blue in the mercury theme)  little button next to the send level to go GREY youre in PRE FADER and needs to be controlled with the actual fader and not the Level knob. It has been available for years. 

Or are you referring to the Pro Channel Modules? 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

On 2/7/2022 at 5:18 PM, Will_Kaydo said:

Are you talking about a send from the track itself? Cause if you click on the orange (blue in the mercury theme)  little button next to the send level to go GREY youre in PRE FADER and needs to be controlled with the actual fader and not the Level knob. It has been available for years. 

Or are you referring to the Pro Channel Modules? 

I'm talking about deriving a track send which is pre the FX.  This is sadly not available in Cakewalk at the moment.

3 hours ago, norfolkmastering said:

I'm talking about deriving a track send which is pre the FX.  This is sadly not available in Cakewalk at the moment.

There actually is. 

When created, you get a dirty copy and clean copy. If that's what you're asking. 

I can attach a video for this, if thats what you are asking. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

• 3 weeks later...