DAW Tests on the M1 Processor

cclarry

50 minutes ago, Hugh Mann said:

Looks like the I9 blows the M1 out of the water, at least with multicore tests. I don't think I would want the I9 in my laptop though. But I also don't want an M1 laptop if it means going Apple.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jim Roseberry said:

All about performance expectation...

If you expect workstation type performance, laptops aren't the solution (M1 or otherwise).

True. That would be the upcoming Mac Pro. But my eyes prefer working on a laptop. And this M1 Max with 64 gigs of ram and a 4TB ssd comes close to workstation level performance, while keeping its cool :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fleer said:

True. That would be the upcoming Mac Pro. But my eyes prefer working on a laptop. And this M1 Max with 64 gigs of ram and a 4TB ssd comes close to workstation level performance, while keeping its cool :)

Kinda curious on on that. Is it because of resolution?  It appears that some complaint with larger 4K monitors/TVs is that some software looks tiny that don't have resizable GUIs. 

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

Kinda curious on on that. Is it because of resolution?  It appears that some complaint with larger 4K monitors/TVs is that some software looks tiny that don't have resizable GUIs. 

Don’t know if it’s the resolution. I feel a laptop setting as more hands-on, and a monitor config (or iMac) as less engaging or connecting. Maybe it’s just a habit thing. 

Optimum resoltuin and size is what s coming finally now (can t understand why it tooks so long)  16" 10/9  Qhd resolution ..i have a 4k on the xps touch screen (super handy specially with drum maschines et all sliders based stuff ) but it s a pain with certain software that can be resised so i m using an under resolution from start ...witch is a bummer ...