PA Lindell 902 Mastering De-esser

cclarry

Intro Price: $49.99

Yes, you can purchase a single, perpetual license for this plugin (list price $99, public intro offer $79.99). Your Intro Price: $49.99* with voucher code.

DE-ESSER-INTRO-4999

Use this code during checkout. Offer available until February 4. Feel free to share the code with your friends.

Special License Offers: $29.99

Save BIG if you already own any of bx_panEQ, SPL De-Esser Collection, Noveltech (Character or Vocal Enhancer), ProAudioDSP DSM V3, Unfiltered Audio Zip, bx_console AMEK 9099, any SSL console (4000 E, G or 9000 J), bx_console N, bx_digital V3, elysia mpressor, elysia museq, Lindell 50 Series, Lindell 80 Series, Lindell 354E, SPL EQ Ranger Plus, SPL Transient Designer Plus, Unfiltered Audio BYOME. Log in to your account and simply add the Lindell Audio 902 De-Esser to your cart!

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/lindell_902_de-esser.html

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meter on this thing can hit your CPU harder than expected.  I only use the meter when I need to.  

Sounds like a DBX902 to me.  Slightly improved on the VLB 902 from LSR sonically, who must've done this version, and the added features are welcome.  No brainer at $29.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, e-cue said:

Meter on this thing can hit your CPU harder than expected.  I only use the meter when I need to.  

Sounds like a DBX902 to me.  Slightly improved on the VLB 902 from LSR sonically, who must've done this version, and the added features are welcome.  No brainer at $29.  

Thanx for the insights e-cue! Did you perhaps try it in a mastering? How transparent is it? Does it work at 384kHz? I'm away from my worstation for a few days, just curious... cheers 🙂

1 hour ago, ZokZTM said:

Thanx for the insights e-cue! Did you perhaps try it in a mastering? How transparent is it? Does it work at 384kHz? I'm away from my worstation for a few days, just curious... cheers 🙂

To compare...  If you have used the VLB902, the Lindell works a lot harder than the LRS version, so you'll have to dial back the mix knob on the Lindell if you want similar results.  I like the Lindell better.  The VLB is slightly smoother on the super top end (like, beyond the threshold of hearing).  If you listen to the detector on the Lindell, the volume will change if you adjust the range.  This doesn't happen on the LSR Audio version.  

The Lindell is much more like the hardware in my experience.  Simple, quick dessing.  

It does work at 384kHz, if you are a psychopath that works at that sampling rate.  There's stupid "noise" feature I quickly turn off.  It oversamples to 16X.  You can resize it, sidechain into it, and change the calibration of it.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Put it in the cart. Price was 29.99, added the bx_tuner (on sale for 5 dollars today), added the generic $25 voucher, price dropped to 9.99 and thus a real No Brainer.

I must have a dozen or more Bx_Tuners...due to that reason...LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, e-cue said:

To compare...  If you have used the VLB902, the Lindell works a lot harder than the LRS version, so you'll have to dial back the mix knob on the Lindell if you want similar results.  I like the Lindell better.  The VLB is slightly smoother on the super top end (like, beyond the threshold of hearing).  If you listen to the detector on the Lindell, the volume will change if you adjust the range.  This doesn't happen on the LSR Audio version.  

The Lindell is much more like the hardware in my experience.  Simple, quick dessing.  

It does work at 384kHz, if you are a psychopath that works at that sampling rate.  There's stupid "noise" feature I quickly turn off.  It oversamples to 16X.  You can resize it, sidechain into it, and change the calibration of it.  

Thanks for the insights e-cue! Appreciate it!

Re psychopath: Do yourself a favour and capture your mix at 384kHz - 64 bit float and then whatever you do normally, (presume 48kHz 24 bit (?). 

Then do Mastering @ 384k and 48k... then convert that final master to the final delivery format.... Then call back and call me psychopath 🙂

This is how I work in mixing where tracking out the stems through my analog gear and analog summing is a part of a workflow.

With few additional precautions, nothing comes closer than this to the analog sound. 384k (and 192k which I sometimes master at if I need UAD plugins) give you resolution, it is as simple as this... same as in video production when you capture at 4k, 6k 8k you get better detail... same is true for the audio world!

Love from Finlandia

Thing is, I love hoarding the tuners because I'm often in a foreign "sound motel" and if a tuner isn't handy, I just install that on their rig and leave it.  

The fact that ProTools doesn't have a built in tuner, or at least a plug in, is so dumb.  

36 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Put it in the cart. Price was 29.99, added the bx_tuner (on sale for 5 dollars today), added the generic $25 voucher, price dropped to 9.99 and thus a real No Brainer.

Great idea Bapu, 

I was thinking against making the purchase, but because you got the both for $9.99 I just may get it because it will make me think I am sticking it to Plugin Alliance 

17 minutes ago, cclarry said:

That's probably a more accurate number for me to...but I really didn't want to broadcast that...LOL

Same here hehe.  I could’ve sworn last time I tried to buy the tuner it told me I couldn’t as I already owned it.  Will need to try again.

43 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Hi Bapu, do you have a generic PA $25 voucher? Cheers!