Jimmy Durante - I'm The Guy Who Found The Lost Chord

kennywtelejazz

On 1/5/2022 at 1:47 AM, kennywtelejazz said:

According to some of his online BIO sources Jimmy retired in the 70's . You must have seen him when you were very young .

Kenny

Yep!  During the Del Mar Fair in San Diego.  Held at the Del Mar horse racing track which, I believe, is on Jimmy Durante Blvd (he used to live in Del Mar, where the "Turf meets the surf!").  I was so far up in the stands that I could only see his nose though... 😁

Edited by craigb

5 hours ago, craigb said:

Yep!  During the Del Mar in San Diego.  Held at the Del Mar horse racing track which, I believe, is on Jimmy Durante Blvd (he used to live in Del Mar, where the "Turf meets the surf!").  I was so far up in the stands that I could only see his nose though... 😁

A group of us went to a restaurant in DelMar one night and nearly every type of "surf" the group ordered they were out of. So much for the surg meeting the turf.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, craigb said:

At least it's still here...

Yeah ! were still here , because were not all there .

13 hours ago, InstrEd said:

It is music related 😆   ;)

It's a pretty hip song actually .....for those days in music .

12 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

That must be Jimmy Durante and Karl Malden's love child.

Poor Fella  !

👁️   👁️      

💪             👅           👍

He is doing the best he can .

Kenny