Agregate audio driver TR 8S

Zo

Hi guyz , first of all , taking this occasion to wish you all , health , peace of mind , freedoom and strength (mentally and physcially .)

I just jumped on play 4 life roland cloud ultimate to grab at a "good" price the tr808 and 606 or 707 , but still 200 $ 

No i was thinking loud , well giving that i can have at 450 euros a TR 8s with TR 808 , 606, 909, 707, 727 built in , it would have been a smarter move (the fact that i have to bring HW to use those have been a debate )

Anyway , in case i go TR 8S , i has a built in Sound card , that , when used , alows you to get via inputs each sounds as audio inputs , my problem is that i don't want to use the TR 8s as main soundcard . (and routing each sounds via real audio isn't an option , my RME is already loaded) 

So i know that asio 4 all is supposed to handle those kind of scenarios :

Anybody using it for a similar scenario ? not stability issue with Main sound card usage ?

Thks

Hi. Is your ADAT('s) taken as well? Not sure which RME you have.

If not. perhaps a 8 channel ADAT (ADA 8200, which I have, and am very pleased with) expansion?

Or if finances allows, perhaps look at a 2nd RME of some kind that has ADAT. or the individual inputs you need. (FF400 or the like is quite fairly priced these days)

If not possible, I think I'd try WASAPI, if that allows aggregate devices before ASIO4ALL.

All the best.

2 minutes ago, Zargg said:

Hi. Is your ADAT('s) taken as well? Not sure which RME you have.

If not. perhaps a 8 channel ADAT (ADA 8200, which I have, and am very pleased with) expansion?

Or if finances allows, perhaps look at a 2nd RME of some kind that has ADAT. or the individual inputs you need. (FF400 or the like is quite fairly priced these days)

If not possible, I think I'd try WASAPI, if that allows aggregate devices before ASIO4ALL.

All the best.

Thks , RME UCX , adat avaiillable but don't want to buy extra stuff , i fuked up my budget lately ...

Wasapi latency is a pain and no option here , i'm curious why you you would skip asio 4 all as much as possible (witch is why i dunerstand via your answer)  ?

2 minutes ago, Zo said:

Thks , RME UCX , adat avaiillable but don't want to buy extra stuff , i fuked up my budget lately ...

Wasapi latency is a pain and no option here , i'm curious why you you would skip asio 4 all as much as possible (witch is why i dunerstand via your answer)  ?

I totally understand.

I have not had any luck with ASIO4ALL, which is why I recommended as I did.

I've only had slow and prone to crash DAW's when using it with my laptop(s) (before I got an AI for that as well).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zargg said:

I totally understand.

I have not had any luck with ASIO4ALL, which is why I recommended as I did.

I've only had slow and prone to crash DAW's when using it with my laptop(s) (before I got an AI for that as well).

Thks this is the infos i need to know  ;) 

I remeber a students came with only issues , when i saw asio for all i said , unisnatl it and use RME drivers only (she had an rme) and issue were vanished but it was like a decade ago lol so seems thats it's still randomly stable ?

6 minutes ago, Zo said:

Thks this is the infos i need to know  ;) 

I remeber a students came with only issues , when i saw asio for all i said , unisnatl it and use RME drivers only (she had an rme) and issue were vanished but it was like a decade ago lol so seems thats it's still randomly stable ?

I bought a Focusrite Solo 3 years ago to use with my laptop (have since been replaced with UAD Solo USB), and haven't used it since, so can't really comment on the stability.