How to make SoundId Reference 4 (from Sonarworks) works as a plugin?

Seb C

Hi guys, I just activated and installed SoundId Ref for Speakers & Headphones.  Cakewalk can't load the VST3.  It calls an error ; createInstance Icomponent.  VST3 is installed at the correct location.  App works fine on it's own. I did reinstall, no luck.  Can you help?

Win10, 64bit, mem 16G.  Cakewalk 2021.12 (build 102, 64 bit).  Focusrite 2i2, 48v phantom, 44.1.  SoundID Ref. version 5.2.1 build 3

thanks!

cakewalk error call.jpg

No answer for you, except the not very useful information that Sonarworks' demos have always loaded okay on my system.

To get up and running while you wait for whatever fix may come, is there an option to install the VST2 version? That may work better.

Also, be sure to contact Sonarworks' support if you haven't already.

I never understood why anyone would use this as a plugin. I just run it as a Windows Audio device outside of the DAW. That way EVERYTHING that comes out the speakers goes thru this first. No need to remember to turn in on/off during mixdown. Can someone tell me the advantage of using it as a plugin? I'm not getting it. Thx!

For the OP, I suggest doing just that. Don't use it as a plugin.

I use the Studioworks Reference 4 as a plugin, alongside IK ARC 2.5.  I put both on my master bus and only one is active at a time, with the other one bypassed  (i.e. I use ARC 2.5 for speakers, and SWR4 for headphones).

My Windows audio device is set to the onboard device, not my audio interface. I really only use it for YouTube / Groove3 tutorials.

Also, I use other audio outputs other than those going to speakers/headphones, so I don't want either ARC 2.5 or SWR4 on anything but my master bus.