First Cubase Project and...

Cookie Jarvis

Now that you mention it I'm not sure...I like challenges so I picked up Cubase and started a project based on everything I have learned in Sonar since 8.0. I also started a project in Samplitude...but years of familiarity with Sonar makes me less likely to change...the whole "old dog" thing going on ;)       I'm trying to learn other software so I can work with others...looking to start an internet progrock recording group of some sort and I want to be flexible.

Generally I write and record in Sonar(though it's now strictly using Cakewalk!), mix with Harrison Mixbus 32C, and master in Sony Sound Forge( yup, I'm using version 11.0 I bought from Sony :) I've gotten further with the piece but I'll save that for elsewhere.

Bill

A bit snuffy ... although understandable. Thing is, it's hard to say cheerio to Cakewalk and your Cyber mates when some of us reluctantly looked elsewhere for a sustainable bit of DAW at a cost. I am guilty of using Sonar platinum ( since the world began ) plus the BandLabs' version (far more stable IMO) and Cubase 10 in the studio. All three have their limitations but if I could have predicted the future I would have stayed in harness with Sonar Platinum, that said, I have to agree with Mr Jarvis in that learning about other DAW's  lets you understand how good the Sonar package is/was  ... but so many pro's use other DAW's for ease of sending data and this is helpful when similar software is used at both ends.....

At the end of the day, this became a site that was always the  friendly  'go to' for the songwriter and musician who used Sonar.... but live and let live ... please

Just saying is all

SPAK

7 minutes ago, SPAK said:

A bit snuffy ... although understandable. Thing is, it's hard to say cheerio to Cakewalk and your Cyber mates when some of us reluctantly looked elsewhere for a sustainable bit of DAW at a cost. I am guilty of using Sonar platinum ( since the world began ) plus the BandLabs' version (far more stable IMO) and Cubase 10 in the studio. All three have their limitations but if I could have predicted the future I would have stayed in harness with Sonar Platinum, that said, I have to agree with Mr Jarvis in that learning about other DAW's  lets you understand how good the Sonar package is/was  ... but so many pro's use other DAW's for ease of sending data and this is helpful when similar software is used at both ends.....

At the end of the day, this became a site that was always the  friendly  'go to' for the songwriter and musician who used Sonar.... but live and let live ... please

Just saying is all

SPAK

SONGS

Post links to your songs, share and discuss.

Edited by Bapu

28 minutes ago, SPAK said:

Not sure of your intent here ... are you implying you should only be using Sonar? 🤔

No, your post implied that you believed you should only be using SONAR/Cakewalk but the Forum header *does not* say that.

On 5/20/2019 at 3:17 PM, Morten Saether said:

Thanks for sharing. Was this made with Cakewalk, or did you mean to post to another forum as the topic title implies?

Now I am confused ...as the post above did ( to me anyway ) imply a sarcastic edge as it asked the question  did you mean to post to another forum, I made the comment 'cause I thought it needed defending as I felt all DAW's were fair game to a songwriter ... should have stuck to the brief and minded my own ... 

SPAK