Lost automation

Anders Madsen

This suggestion is a simple fix and excuse me if you have already tried it.  See if the automation envelopes are still there.  If not, go back to your last saved version before the problem and copy just the envelopes you are missing (set Now to 1:01.01, select/highlight the whole track or bus then "Copy Special" from the Edit Menu, selecting only "Track/Bus automation" with the check boxes).  Then "Paste Special" into the version you have the problem on, again using the check boxes to select only "Track/Bus automation".  But when pasting, make sure you also select the correct track, "blend old and new" and "Paste into existing clips."  Also make sure you paste at the beginning of the track/bus - 1:01.01.

If the envelopes are still there but the track/bus is not responding to them, make sure to enable read automation - highlight the R.

• Like 1

I cleared all automation, and did it over again. Now it kinda works, but faders show no response.
Is this normal behaviour in Cakewalk? Because this is part of my workflow and I've just been lucky to not have any automations  included. 

Edited by Anders Madsen