PA Amek 9099

cclarry

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

$99.99 for the first time!
Brainworx bx_console AMEK 9099

Brainworx brings the world’s most powerful and precise emulation of the 9098i Super Analogue console to the plugin domain - with extensive new features!

$449 $99.99

Plus local VAT taxes in Europe*

Save 55%

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/bx_console_amek_9099.html

I can't believe I picked door #1 yesterday when I could have had door #2 today with the big voucher.  

The one I'd been hoping for and I blew it.   🤣

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

That's why it's always best to wait until the last day of these sales (usually) as they
always throw a "Curve Ball" late in the game!

After they ran Gig Performer for $30 a few months ago and then took it away during the sale, I figured it is the mixture of the two.  But really didn't expect this kind of drop, when it was allegidely already part of the sale at $200. 

The good news is they are willing to drop that low, so perhpas it will happen again when I have a big voucher again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

That's why it's always best to wait until the last day of these sales (usually) as they

Unless they reset vouchers, which they sometimes unexpectedly do (though they seem to make a note of saying so now)

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

After they ran Gig Performer for $30 a few months ago and then took it away during the sale, I figured it is the mixture of the two.  But really didn't expect this kind of drop, when it was allegidely already part of the sale at $200. 

The good news is they are willing to drop that low, so perhpas it will happen again when I have a big voucher again.

It was version 3 don't? They discounted 3 a lot between March and May 2021 because the release of V4 was near ($69,99 in March, $49,99 in April and finally $39,99 in May), but after that I don't remember GP4 being that low - but maybe it happened and  just don't remember  😅

4 minutes ago, Walter Cruz said:

It was version 3 don't? They discounted 3 a lot between March and May 2021 because the release of V4 was near ($69,99 in March, $49,99 in April and finally $39,99 in May), but after that I don't remember GP4 being that low - but maybe it happened and  just don't remember  😅

Nope, it was v4 they ran a $30 on "most plugins" sale and they failed to exclude it for part of the day (it was not in the fine print as an exclusion).  Later in the day they updated the system not to include it.  I had it in my cart, then came back later and the price was adjusted.  A number of people reported being able to get it at $30.

I ended up getting it on another sale with a voucher at a reasonable cost.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Nope, it was v4 they ran a $30 on "most plugins" sale and they failed to exclude it for part of the day (it was not in the fine print as an exclusion).  Later in the day they updated the system not to include it.  I had it in my cart, then came back later and the price was adjusted.  A number of people reported being able to get it at $30.

Aaaaaw,  I remembered that, and remember some people getting it for $29 while other don't.

Honesty, it seemed like a mistake from their side, as GP4 is still 'new' enough to get included in the $29 or $39 level, but they should have honored the $29 price for everyone who had GP4 on cart, like you.

Edited by Walter Cruz

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

It's a system designed to impulse buy. Honestly, kinda disgusting but also addictive.

This is why I prefer companies that do more honest sales - preferably the ones who do a sales that run for a long time like 2 to 4 weeks, where I can think about, plan, etc.

But I also don't stop buying PA, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Walter Cruz said:

where I can think about, plan, etc.

I want to warn you that if you do this too much you may fall into a trap where you start using something called a “spreadsheet” and even worse stick to something called a “budget”.  These will crush your GAS. I lost some friends to this “budget” thing.  I warn kids about it…nasty stuff. 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, kevin H said:

I want to warn you that if you do this too much you may fall into a trap where you start using something called a “spreadsheet” and even worse stick to something called a “budget”.  These will crush your GAS. I lost some friends to this “budget” thing.  I warn kids about it…nasty stuff. 

Well, the PA part it's more or less under control: I just buy one plugin a month, rarely two, add always trying to spent less tha $25. The $39.99 daily deals +25 voucher are my favorite!. 😆 It's good that the PA sales are in a eternal cycle, every deal kinda repeats in a period of 3 months.

• Like 1

I am such a cheapskate.  

I wanted the Brainworx bx_console AMEK 9099 for a low price and darn it, Larry came through for me and posted it at an amazing $99.99   Now, I got a $25.00 Loyalty coupon to use that will bring it down to and Amazing $74.99 and I am still too cheap to buy it at that price,  what the heck is wrong with me!!  I think Waves messed me up with all of those $29.99 plugins.  Oh my God, I have been  ruined by Waves cheap pricing architect. 😭 😭

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jesse g said:

I am such a cheapskate.  

I wanted the Brainworx bx_console AMEK 9099 for a low price and darn it, Larry came through for me and posted it at an amazing $99.99   Now, I got a $25.00 Loyalty coupon to use that will bring it down to and Amazing $74.99 and I am still too cheap to buy it at that price,  what the heck is wrong with me!!  I think Waves messed me up with all of those $29.99 plugins.  Oh my God, I have been  ruined by Waves cheap pricing architect. 😭 😭

No worries....eventually it will be $14.99 with your $25 voucher!

Edited by cclarry