Take on an old hymn-Great is Thy Faithfulness

Tim Smith

This started out as a construction around an altered version of the hymn I played using both cello and violin. Since I wanted the piano to carry the melody, the violin actually got in the way and I changed my direction.

The cello holds a minor supporting role here to the piano. I used a felt piano to get a softer more distant sound on purpose. The players are pulled back about 35 ft. on the stage and panned using 2C presence. I had some concern I might loose the presence of the piano in mono. Since I didn't pan much I hope a listen on a phone won't loose much.

• Like 3

beautiful composition Tim....i hear no issues with production/mix....this type of classical writing i find fascinating as i haven't tried to write anything with such a structure, it seems so fluid and long whereas my mind is accustomed to shorter, concise segments when writing music 🎶🎻🎹🔊

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 12:07 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Very nice Tim, I especially like when the lower register comes in on the Piano (2:30ish mark for instance).

t

Thanks for your comments and listening. t

On 1/3/2022 at 11:53 AM, Larry T. said:

beautiful composition Tim....i hear no issues with production/mix....this type of classical writing i find fascinating as i haven't tried to write anything with such a structure, it seems so fluid and long whereas my mind is accustomed to shorter, concise segments when writing music 🎶🎻🎹🔊

@Larry T. Thank for listening and comments. I probably need to be more concise sometimes.

On 1/3/2022 at 12:07 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Very nice Tim, I especially like when the lower register comes in on the Piano (2:30ish mark for instance).

t

@DeeringAmpsThank you t. Is it Tom? I appreciate you listening to this and your comments.

17 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

I love it when at my church  the organist takes a break and  plays piano.  It's  more intimate.  On my tiny presonus eris's the strings were a little too far forward, but otherwise a great production.  Enjoyed it immensely.

@David Sprouse

Thank you for listening. I noticed the strings a bit forward as well after another listen.

• Like 1