Cakewalk DXi VST's work in other DAW's, but *only* with Cakewalk installed

Dave G

I've been interested in testing some of my DXi VST's in another DAW, but I seem to be having some issues.

I managed to get Studio One 4 Professional to scan and use SessionDrummer 3, SI-Studio Instruments and TTS-1 flawlessly. I placed them all (32 and 64-bit versions) into one VstPlugins folder, along with a set of DXiShell wrappers to allow them to be recognized. They all seem to work perfectly in the other DAW...

That is, until I uninstalled Cakewalk. The next time I started up Studio One, the plugins were there, but they don't operate. Apparently, although I have all the plugin files required (DLL's etc.), there's some sort of reliance on Cakewalk (although uninstalled).

For the record, this post isn't an intention to instantly abandoned Cakewalk, which has been an amazing product. I'm just looking for some insight from anyone who might know this stuff better than I do.

How can I get these plugins working in another DAW (again) without relying on the Cakewalk folders? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by Dave G

11 minutes ago, Dave G said:

SessionDrummer 3, SI-Studio Instruments

Are 32/64bit VST plug-ins.

TTS-1 is a DX plug-in. DX plug-ins are registered at install time with regsvr32.exe. When registered the path to the plug-in is written to the registry. If the plug-in is moved, regsvr32 must be run to re-register the plug-in.