Reflections for the New Year!

cclarry

As the dismal 2021 Sales Season comes to an end, with it's plethora of lackluster sales,
let's take the time to reflect on all of the GOOD THINGS that came from this year, and on our Family and
Friends!  I would also like to personally thank each and every one of you for making
me feel appreciated for the effort that I put forth into keeping everyone informed about
deals and trends, and for affording me the opportunity to get things that I would have
NO WAY of getting otherwise!  Your kindness and generosity shine through in all that
you do!  

SO A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE CAKEWALK FAMILY!!!

Let's make 2022 a YEAR FULL OF WONDERFUL MUSIC!

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

• Like 38
  • Thanks 4

Same to you Larry. You are very appreciated here. 

With all that's going on --with the pandemic-- it's an excellent reminder to be kind to one another and value all we have. While I've had several friends who've gotten the virus so far -- two with very serious cases, one who got it twice-- I'm thankful that everyone,  so far, every friend and relatives I'm close to has pulled through. Some of my friends loved ones and friends of theirs haven't been so lucky. One friend's brother in his 40s who I last saw a few years ago and over 20 loved ones and friends of friends. One of my friends, who is also a musician (but is a Cubase user and not part of this community), lost 4 friends so far. I admit,  while I  played drums semi professionally many years ago,  music now just a hobby,, but it is my refuge from the stress, and so is coming here. It's a little escape with like minded music geeks who make inside jokes absolutely no one else would appreciate!

Keep on rocking,  Larry, and be safe. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 5

BTW,  I  see the deals forum as a bar with a bunch of regulars (FTR, I haven't even been to a bar in maybe 5 years; I'm a dad and not much of a drinker as a dad, I've probably had 6 beers in two years;  the guys I grew up with would find that sad!). Kind of like Cheers -- for those old enough to get the reference. Larry is like our Sam. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

Where I live, the governement has once again started a curfew beginning today and also a lot of other limitations, with records of COVID infections day after day. So while the beginning of 2022 doesn't look good, it's great to discuss with you guys here.

And a special thank you to Larry for all the hard work he's putting for the deals. Thanks to him, this forum is now the first place I always check for the latest deals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Despite all the hardships, financial, health, etc, that so many have suffered, there is always something to be appreciated and enjoyed, and this group and community are on the short list of things I have thankful for. Plus, I'm doing a flurry of purchases at year's end (Spitfire, NI) to add to a needed tax deduction list, as I made a bit more money than expected earlier in the year (good for me), and then the newer Variant comes along and just rains on our parade. Still playing tonight, still writing and making music and videos, but looking forward to 2022 as well. Talk to y'all next year.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

Larry the red nosed deals bear!

Are you commenting on the amount of Larry's alcohol consumption? Not nice. 😉

Happy New Years to all, and I really mean that. I do hope 2022 will be a better year for us  all. I didn't think it could get any worse than 2020 and then 2021 comes along. I pray it is not a trend.

And thanks to Larry and all who not only bring us the best deals, but the best entertainment as well.  This is truly a sanctuary in a crazy world.

• Thanks 1

I echo everything said here. A stressful year. My job ceased to exist due to the pandemic. And had the humiliation of employers not even responding to job applications. So said bollocks to it all and retired. And enjoying being creative again (this time on my own terms and not getting screwed over by wonky management). And in particular, dipping into the deals forum throughout the day. And feeling very up when you find a deal and posting it,and Larry has not !. All the best to you all in '22

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, Hatstand said:

Lets hope 2022 sees the end of the pandemic. You know the one I'm talking about. The one that infects software companies with a subscription model :D

HNY folks!

POST OF THE WEEK!

Then again the sub model removes the chance to pursue more stuff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TracingArcs said:

I echo everything said here. A stressful year. My job ceased to exist due to the pandemic. And had the humiliation of employers not even responding to job applications. So said bollocks to it all and retired. And enjoying being creative again (this time on my own terms and not getting screwed over by wonky management). And in particular, dipping into the deals forum throughout the day. And feeling very up when you find a deal and posting it,and Larry has not !. All the best to you all in '22

Yes, the joy of making a post with a great deal when you looked all through page one of the forum and don't see anyone posted yet. It's like a race to get it up before Larry!!!

...And minutes  later, the disappointment after someone posts a screenshot that Larry posted that deal earlier in the week.

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2