Roland TD-11 electronic drums

Javier Serrano

Hello Forum,

I downloaded and installed Cakewalk by BandLab on my Win 10 laptop and started watching Creative Sauce's Mike's videos to understand Cakewalk.  I am a drummer and added my Roland TD-11 as my audio and MIDI device, set up the driver mode  to ASIO, etc. Cakewalk automatically recognized each drum/cymbal I play when I record drums on a drum track using the SI Drum kit. However, when I play the recording back, the bass drums sounds low, then high, the hi hat sounds too loud, etc.

What could be causing this? I downloaded and installed the Roland TD-11 driver for Windows 10 on my laptop. I checked the volume levels for each drum/cymbal on the SI Drum Kit interface and they are all fine there.

Thank you,

Javier

Two things to check:

1. The velocity curves for your TD-11 sounds are likely different from the ones in the SI Drum Kit.  When you're tracking, if possible track listening to the sounds you're actually going to be playing the drums back on, rather than the internal TD-11 sounds.   Unfortunately SI Drum kit is a pretty basic instrument and doesn't allow you to change the velocity curves, but you may be able to within the TD-11 itself. 

2.  Check if D-11 is sending out CC or pitch bend changes, e.g. for the hi-hat pedal, or hit position on the pad.  You may need to remove these from your MIDI track after recording.