God help me get Bandlab to launch

JeffSouth

Question

Never had a doblem on my win 7.  Got a new computer, win 10 home 64 bit.  When I install Cakewalk, I hit the shortcut after setting to run as admin.  Just the black Cakewalk screen comes up and it disappears quickly then nothing.  When installing it it there was an error saying Overloud file could not install and that it couldn't find the file.  I hit skip though it said not recommended.   Not sure if that's what is causing this. 

But Bandlab won't allow me to run the installer as admin, it automatically starts the install.   I never get a chance to run an actually installer manually and set it to run as admin.  I am going out of my mind here.  I uninstalled assistant and Bandlab already and downloaded fresh, same error on the Overloud file.  

I tried renaming the Cakewalk folder to BAC in appdata roaming, it did bring up a screen with the black Cakewalk screen and they both disappeared quickly after showing.

Please help me.

4 minutes ago, JeffSouth said:

Never had a doblem on my win 7.  Got a new computer, win 10 home 64 bit.  When I install Cakewalk, I hit the shortcut after setting to run as admin.  Just the black Cakewalk screen comes up and it disappears quickly then nothing.  When installing it it there was an error saying Overloud file could not install and that it couldn't find the file.  I hit skip though it said not recommended.   Not sure if that's what is causing this. 

But Bandlab won't allow me to run the installer as admin, it automatically starts the install.   I never get a chance to run an actually installer manually and set it to run as admin.  I am going out of my mind here.  I uninstalled assistant and Bandlab already and downloaded fresh, same error on the Overloud file.  

I tried renaming the Cakewalk folder to BAC in appdata roaming, it did bring up a screen with the black Cakewalk screen and they both disappeared quickly after showing.

Please help me.

Found the Cakewalk installer, ran as admin, still the Overloud rematrix file error, here it is.

16409107987286063333210478764044.jpg

I stopped using Bandlab Assistant ages ago...

I this instead.

One suggestion of you have not done this already.

After starting your win 10 PC but before installing Cakewalk by Bandlab did you:

Performed all Windows 10 updates?
Update all of your hardware drivers (using manufacturer's websites rather than Windows updates)?

This suggests that Overloud ReMatrix is configured to load as part of the default project.  Suggest renaming C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal\REmatrix Solo\REmatrix Solo-64.dll to REmatrix Solo-64.dl_ and opening CbB.

But from later messages it looks like your disk permissions are screwy, so I'd kick off by running (as admin) a chkdsk /f against C drive.

Edited by Kevin Perry

Ok, uninstalled everything.  Turned off my windows defender firewall, is that the virus program?.  If not, what to I look for in the control panel?

I deleted Cakewalk folders in program files and program files 86.

I still have the downloaded Cakewalk install from the web installer, the theme editor installer, and Studio instruments installer.  I moved those 3 to my desktop.

Now, I'm giving up for the night.  Please give me all info anyone has and I'll try again tomorrow.  Should I download assistant again or just use the Cakewalk installer downloaded from the web installer?   Doesn't Cakewalk require Bandlab assistant to run?

Thanks so far guys.  I have to figure this nightmare out.

I just went in to roaming and deleted everything Cakewalk and assistant

I didn't delete folders first, I first uninstalled everything with the remove programs, only then did I delete leftover Cakewalk folders.

Just tried to install again.  Still says it cannot create the Overloud folder.

Here is what it says.

"An error occured while trying to create a file in the destination directory"C: users public documents Overloud

Error 2. The system cannot find the file specified.    

This happens right near the end of installation.  Unreal.  

I go into users and public and I see a "public documents," folder, NOT a folder that just says documents.  

Is this install for windows 10?  The installer thinks there should be a folder just called documents, but there is only one called public documents.

But, in public documents I found the Overloud folder and the file, but I deleted the folder thinking it might have been causing problems.

Unreal, went to recycle bin and restored the folder.  The file is there, I unchecked the read only but that makes no difference

It says it can't create the directory but the directory was there and so was the file.  I don't know what to do.  Looks like Public is just a name that win 10 uses for us.  I tried to make a folder just named documents and it said there was already a folder named public documents.  This is just maddening.

Ooh, just realized something.  Was looking at my downloads in Firefox and realized my time was set wrong.  I bought the computer from the west coast and the time was still set to west when I am on central time.  I just set it and did the removal of registry entries laid out in the clean install.  Just rebooted and getting ready to try again, I'll keep you updated.

6 minutes ago, JeffSouth said:

Ooh, just realised something.  Was looking at my downloads in Firefox and realised my time was set wrong.  I bought the computer from the west coast and the time was still set to west when I am on central time.  I just set it and did the removal of registry entries laid out in the clean install.  Just rebooted and getting ready to try again, I'll keep you updated.

That could be the ticket.  I know that with Windows local networks, if the times on the connected PCs are off, relative to eachother, by a certain temporal amount, the P_Cs will not talk to each other.

Here we go, installing, it a quarter way. 

Holy crap, it did the Overloud thing again, but I hit skip it again and it also did the not enough diskspace again but I hit launch and it ran, Cakewalk is up.  Completing the Cakewalk setup wizard.  Awesome so far.