Toontrack EZX - Dream POP for $39

abacab

7 minutes ago, mister_tea said:

For newer ezx's not on sale, thomann has the ezx value 3-pack for $141 = $47 per ezx. Should be redeemably for any ezx.

Right, but if you only select from the long list of $39 options, you could get 3 for $39 = $117. :)

But that 3-pack might be a good option, for the higher priced EZX, if those are what you are looking for!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

Right, but if you only select from the long list of $39 options, you could get 3 for $39 = $117. :)

Yes, that's correct -- for anything that qualifies for the $39 list people should certainly go that route. That is the best deal and lower than the normal prices.

For the newer ones not on sale such as singer-songwriter I think the thomann 3-pack is the next best deal, and I think that's the normal price for the 3-pack.

• Great Idea 1

Just now, mister_tea said:

Yes, that's correct -- for anything that qualifies for the $39 list people should certainly go that route. That is the best deal and lower than the normal prices.

For the newer ones not on sale such as singer-songwriter I think the thomann 3-pack is the next best deal, and I think that's the normal price for the 3-pack.

I just updated my post to add that qualification... :)

• Like 1

Grabbed the ezx pop 2 hours ago ...on time and space ... had some points but if i knew i would have kept them for superior drummer,the expansion is interesting but he lack of rimshot is killing me since i can t load it , the snare has no secondera shot meaning rimshot from other expansion are either non possible or you have to replace the whole snare ... saying that already made a track lol ...

Really the lack of simple things like sample star adsr and stuff is killing me the more expansions are organic ...

The other thing is the lack of possibility to customise midi trigger notes , so on maschine i have to go bank and banks to get that one interesting percussion and then go back 5 octave to get that snap , go back one octave for maain kit ect ...

Ok guyz rimshot can be loaded here (from other expansion ) 

on this f...n wall lol 

image.png.ab72c9b0c3cc3029c1b7dee808bf3a07.png

EDIT : keep in mind that in other expenasion , you will not see Rimshot but snare , you check the sample details and you'll see rimshot , this is what's gonna be loaded ...the secondary thing 

image.png.0e49ef1e7a930ee2dcfa64b109226efc.png

Edited by Zo
  • Great Idea 1

For the LOFI heads i made this , you can use it as a starting point , play with the Sample rate (on left) to increase or decrese details in kit , play with the jitter and dither for noise 

Saturation if you need to beef up the thingy 

image.png.1c2e20962f910a1f15806d68aa445535.png

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ZincT said:

Got it, thanks @abacab !

Thomann sent the serial through within a minute after purchase. 👍

Hope you like it! This Dream Pop kit is interesting and different! Definitely not another run of the mill acoustic drum kit. Definitely useful for electronic music & synth based genres.

Here is what Sound on Sound had to say about it a few years ago...

"Toontrack’s Dream Pop EZX expansion pack for EZdrummer is most definitely not just another acoustic drum kit. In fact Toontrack themselves describe it as “nature meets technology”, blending as it does samples of organic sounds, conventional drum kit pieces and electronic percussion — and many of the sounds are processed in some way. Nor are all the sounds percussive: you can call up slow-attack textural whooshes, synth tones and processed natural sounds as well as electronic and acoustic drum voices."

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/toontrack-dream-pop-ezx

• Thanks 1

Just now, abacab said:

Hope you like it! This Dream Pop kit is interesting and different! Definitely not another run of the mill acoustic drum kit. Definitely useful for electronic music & synth based genres.

Here is what Sound on Sound had to say about it a few years ago...

"Toontrack’s Dream Pop EZX expansion pack for EZdrummer is most definitely not just another acoustic drum kit. In fact Toontrack themselves describe it as “nature meets technology”, blending as it does samples of organic sounds, conventional drum kit pieces and electronic percussion — and many of the sounds are processed in some way. Nor are all the sounds percussive: you can call up slow-attack textural whooshes, synth tones and processed natural sounds as well as electronic and acoustic drum voices."

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/toontrack-dream-pop-ezx

Exact i ahev the electronic ezx , this one has an organic approch to it that i love and grabed it for LoFi vibes ...

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

I hope you guys like this. It really is different from every other EZX. With this and Twisted EZX (a bunt cake pan?) you have a lot of options instead of electronic kits or 80's drum machines. If you have a Groove3 sub check out: Songwriting & Producing with Toontrack: Dream Pop. The 5 minute intro is worth watching and available even without a subscription.

by Luke Oswald

• Thanks 2