"Winterset" piano / downtempo / chill

PhonoBrainer

On 1/2/2022 at 6:41 PM, David Sprouse said:

were those animations or real images that were made-to-look like animations?  liked your use of transitions, I've never seen some of those.  You created a nice icey atmosphere with the suspended notes at the end.  The static was a unique outro.  what does phonobrainer mean? 

Hi David! Many thanks, and I guess it's a combo of still images (with pans and zooms) and some video/graphic animations in there as well. A mix. I appreciate the comments! And "phonobrainer" is just another silly music name I seem to keep coming up with . . .

On 1/2/2022 at 7:42 PM, bjornpdx said:

"Chill" is right. Really like the mood of the piece, like everything has slowed down as winter takes over and you have to adjust yourself to the season.
The static at the end brought to mind some lonely guy stuck in a cabin trying to tune in a radio to hear a human voice. Well, probably just me thinking that.
-Bjorn

Bjorn, "adjusting yourself to the season" and straining to make human connections are exactly what I was going for, nice to know you read those things! I appreciate it very much.

On 1/3/2022 at 6:58 AM, KurtS said:

Very cool and relaxing tune.

Thanks a lot Kurt!

On 1/3/2022 at 7:31 AM, Tim Smith said:

This mix  is a perfect balance of elements. Whatever you did with those pianos works. Would make a good backdrop mix simply because it does not have any harshness whatsoever. You seemed to have gone for the intimate mix which the pianos work well for.

The video is great. I could see some kind of words on the screen.

Nice work!

Thanks so much Tim! Three pianos, all eq'd out of each other's way. PITA. Thanks for the listen!

On 1/5/2022 at 5:25 AM, ramscapri said:

Nice start PhonoBrainer with the chilly winds and the mellow piano flows very well... beats kick in nicely with a commensurate pace... nice visuals... well done overall 👍

Thanks Ramscapri, I appreciate that.

On 1/6/2022 at 6:06 AM, SupaReels said:

OMG!!!

I would love to write lyrics to this bit of work  ... just not worthy of such a lovely piece of music .. well done ... made me cry .. for real !

Steve

Thanks Steve, glad you felt that and it's very gratifying to hear, to say the least. I appreciate your response. Words would be an fun experiment - but we'd lose the "thoughts in your head while you listen" part. In another life, who knows? Go for it if you'd like, let me know what you come up with? Thanks again!

On 1/6/2022 at 8:15 AM, Kevin Walsh said:

Really lovely piece. The warmth of the pianos is incredible and wonderfully soothing. Composition is masterful. This one goes on the play list. 

Kevin, that's awesome! Very happy it might get spun once in a while. Cheers!

Hey Tom . . . I finally ventured to watch the video, after totally enjoying just the music part last week . . . boy I hate the cold season, but this brings warmth, I saw it as a moving winter painting . . . also, noteworthy is your presentation, well done . . . there might be a tiny marketing person in that vast musical talent you have there afterall.

• Haha 1

Thanks Steve, glad you felt that and it's very gratifying to hear, to say the least. I appreciate your response. Words would be an fun experiment - but we'd lose the "thoughts in your head while you listen" part. In another life, who knows? Go for it if you'd like, let me know what you come up with? Thanks again!

Give me a download link on PMs And I will send it back to you for approval  .. or not ... Got two verses anyway LOL

Steve