Surge plugin keeps on crashing in Cakewalk and I have no idea

Eraser

Hi. I installed Surge synth plugin but when I try to insert it as an instrumental track, Cakewalk crashes.

I reinstalled, tried safe mode...but it didn't work out. And I have no idea why this is happening.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks for your help

549460550_surgecrash-.png.97789da958c1e4f2d3ef0ddec4035bee.png

11 hours ago, Johnny Tsao said:

I downloaded the installer from the official website for testing, and the VST3 plug-in works well.

793233850_2.thumb.png.41dfa9cb886c67d8d4e60797aa8e0f2e.png

Thanks for your reply! And yes. This SHOULD work but somehow doesn't.

I also installed some versions of the Visual C++ Redistributable downloads but it still didn't fix the problem.

• Great Idea 1

Your best advice is right there in the error popup: contact the vendor and send them the crash dump. They'll be able to quickly determine what the problem is.

Could be the C++ Redist version or some other dependency, or it could be a bug. Whatever the problem is, odds are you won't stumble upon a solution on your own.

13 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Your best advice is right there in the error popup: contact the vendor and send them the crash dump. They'll be able to quickly determine what the problem is.

Could be the C++ Redist version or some other dependency, or it could be a bug. Whatever the problem is, odds are you won't stumble upon a solution on your own.

I'll try. Thanks for your advice.