Ocean Blvd.

KSband

Hello Kurt....very nice composition, playing, arrangement, mix....love the sound of fretless bass....very, very nice voicings of the SI Strings there....enjoyed it very much especially as i see that you are using 8gb of ram as i do....when we get our 32 or 64gb's watch out world, lol!!....the only thing i noticed was a slight background buzz which i get as well on certain audio interface recorded instruments....i'm guessing it was the fretless bass?? 👍🎶🎻🎸

14 minutes ago, KurtS said:

I just solo'ed the bass and rhythm tracks and I can't hear it. There is a slight hum on the bass but it's subtle. I think your system must emphasize the frequency more than mine.

it starts at 0:13 very subtle, not really noticeable at all unless a person is doing what we do on a DAW 

Edited by Larry T.

That was really nice and mellow. The fretless has a good tone and I didn't hear any bass humm thing, but I did notice a bit of air/slight hiss in the beginning when the two guitars were featured, it comes and goes, like some real-room takes were being comped together. Nothing bad about that, of course!!! You might check 2:28 - the air is there, and then it's gone.  But you might get some upper-high eq curved off at maybe 15kHz and above, just to see if that "air" disappears.

Or not. The point is, very clean guitar takes indeed inside a nice composition.

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks for the comments guys!

Jack, I tried to find drums that worked with this but every pattern sounded terrible so decided to leave it out.

Tom, must be my old ears I can't hear any of it, I'll try cutting off some of the really high frequency.  

No, I liked the amount of finger slides I could hear! If you have an eq with a good live visual waveform display (fabfilter pro-q 3 or equivalent) you might watch the upper eq area, above 10 kHz? Starting at 2:25 . . . I bet around 2:28 you'll see a bunch of high frequency drop off.

Good luck, very nice tune!

• Like 1

Very nicely played, I also got a slight degree of hiss but only noticed at the end when it completely disappeared. Don't edit out the finger slides and string squeaks, I love it when I can hear a guitarist showcasing their technique - especially on gut strings.

I preferred the arpeggio to the strummed/ string section (I found the strings a little too strong in the mix) but that's just my personal preference.

All round good job.

Andy