Just a thought....

cclarry

What about a separate sub forum for "User Deals"?
That would keep them from clogging "Deals" thread...and you wouldn't even
have to go there if you didn't want to!  And it would keep this groups sales
HERE instead of at KVR, taking traffic over there...

Just a thought!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 16

11 minutes ago, cclarry said:

What about a separate sub forum for "User Deals"?
That would keep them from clogging "Deals" thread...and you wouldn't even
have to go there if you didn't want to!  And it would keep this groups sales
HERE instead of at KVR, taking traffic over there...

Just a thought!

I think that's an excellent idea, Larry. I see a lot of folks here that I have more trust for then, say KVR, where I don't spend time at much anymore and people tend to come and go more. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When this forum site was created there was no Deals forum.

It was added with the stipulation that it would primarily be used for manufacturer and authorized reseller deals.

They did not want to create a marketplace or encourage sales from unauthorized resellers.

Just now, PavlovsCat said:

I think that's an excellent idea, Larry. I see a lot of folks here that I have more trust for then, say KVR, where I don't spend time at much anymore and people tend to come and go more. 

I agree...even though I've only had ONE bad incident that, that did get resolved amicably...
every time I do a deal there I'm apprehensive, because a LOT of people of their get raped
quite often apparently.  

I've been there for 7 years now, and have a good reputation so that helps...but there's still
always that "doubt" in my mind...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

I agree...even though I've only had ONE bad incident that, that did get resolved amicably...
every time I do a deal there I'm apprehensive, because a LOT of people of their get raped
quite often apparently.  

I've been there for 7 years now, and have a good reputation so that helps...but there's still
always that "doubt" in my mind...

So, what do you think we can do to persuade the Cakewalk folks? Would doing a poll that gets a good number of votes indicating people want the sub forum? I really like your idea and would like to see it happen. 

Just now, PavlovsCat said:

So, what do you think we can do to persuade the Cakewalk folks? Would doing a poll that gets a good number of votes indicating people want the sub forum? I really like your idea and would like to see it happen. 

That's a reasonable question....maybe Scook will chime in since he's a "Mod"

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

33 minutes ago, cclarry said:

If you notice...I ALWAYS have the link to my KVR sale in my signature...t!

If a new sub-forum for User Deals is ultimately decided to not be feasible, this seems to be a reasonable potential solution, as I already know who from Cakewalk I would trust at other sites (KVR, VI-Control, KnobCloud)

Edited by Bad Penguin
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Well apparently the "members" are interested..

I'm not, but I wouldn't care if there was one because I just wouldn't look at it.

However........I do think that anything that made this place more like KVR would be a backwards step.  

• Like 1

Just now, paulo said:

I'm not, but I wouldn't care if there was one because I just wouldn't look at it.

However........I do think that anything that made this place more like KVR would be a backwards step.  

I certainly would argue that point...and I certainly don't want it to be like KVR by any stretch...
I just know that I would much rather deal with the people HERE than the people THERE!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

I certainly would argue that point...and I certainly don't want it to be like KVR by any stretch...
I just know that I would much rather deal with the people HERE than the people THERE!

But would some of the people THERE soon become some of the people HERE (unscrupulous humans being what they are)?

• Like 3

I've only ever bought one thing over on KVR and that was from Lars.  :) 

This seems like a good idea, although, the potential customers here would be a MUCH  harder sell since we are better educated on the current deals and freebies...  ;) 

• Great Idea 1