NI Komplete Upgrade - Voucher - good or ?

TracingArcs

Some advice from the giant pulsing brain that is the deals section. I have NI Komplete 13 standard. I've received an email from NI offering an upgrade to K13 Ultimate with 66% off. Meaning (in £) the upgrade is £179 to Ultimate from standard as opposed to £539 to upgrade. I think in the summer sale it was more than this. And doubt it will be cheaper next summer. Is this a good deal overall. Very tempted (it is d/load and I usually have it on a drive). Or could we see crazy deals next summer?

27 minutes ago, TracingArcs said:

Some advice from the giant pulsing brain that is the deals section. I have NI Komplete 13 standard. I've received an email from NI offering an upgrade to K13 Ultimate with 66% off. Meaning (in £) the upgrade is £179 to Ultimate from standard as opposed to £539 to upgrade. I think in the summer sale it was more than this. And doubt it will be cheaper next summer. Is this a good deal overall. Very tempted (it is d/load and I usually have it on a drive). Or could we see crazy deals next summer?

I don't think that you'll see a better deal than that...it usually tops at 50% off.  Be aware that you can only use vouchers on "New" purchases,
and not upgrades.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I thought when you were referring to a voucher you were talking about the useless $25 voucher...

If they made a way to print those vouchers, they would double in value as you could then use it to light the fire...

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

That's a good deal @TracingArcs

I received a similar email from NI with a voucher code to upgrade from K13U to K13U CE but I'm not sure it's worth it (£179) just to get the full version of the Symphony Series, Cremona Quartet, and ARKHIS (plus the useless £22 voucher and all expansions which I hardly ever use).

Looks like I have until 31st December to decide but I think I will hang on for the K14U update next year. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Fleer said:

It is a good deal indeed. As Larry said you normally only get 50% off on these upgrades. 

What's your view on the CE upgrade Fleer? Anything you think is a "must have" in those 3 CE additions over U? 

I actually liked the look of Symphobia but I think I might have missed the 15% deal at T&S.

2 hours ago, ZincT said:

What's your view on the CE upgrade Fleer? Anything you think is a "must have" in those 3 CE additions over U? 

I actually liked the look of Symphobia but I think I might have missed the 15% deal at T&S.

Stayed away from Symphobia, as I already have (and prefer) similar Spitfire stuff. 
But I do recommend the Cremona strings in KUCE. Love the idea that those fine Italians stopped traffic to record them in that quaint little Stradivari town. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, husker said:

I upgraded from 13 to 13 UCE.  Worth it in my opinion.  Once I upgraded, the air smells better, water tastes better, the temperature is warmer, and my dog became friendlier.

Jesting aside, I'd jump on that deal.

Thanks husker! With any luck it'll also work on the neighbour's dog? 🐶

9 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Stayed away from Symphobia, as I already have (and prefer) similar Spitfire stuff. 
But I do recommend the Cremona strings in KUCE. Love the idea that those fine Italians stopped traffic to record them in that quaint little Stradivari town. 

The great dilemma! Upgrade BBC SO to Core or not!

I lost track of time there for a moment imagining the scene that you painted 🌄 

• Haha 1

It's a good deal no doubt if think you'll actually use the things added. When I went from 10 to 12 Ultimate I realized there were libraries in there I would certainly use.

I'm going to skip 13. I tell myself I'm not superstitious. 14 sounds like a better number to me. FYI even tough I got the drive, the NI site was in some cases faster and you then get any updates. After the holiday the NI site gets hit pretty hard with new purchases. For that reason my downloads were a bit slow.

It could be advantageous to stay at least one version back to see what happens between NI and Izotope. Might not amount to much or they might offer some interesting things in the future to semi current users.

• Like 3

Well the difference between standard and ultimate was 76 items ! Loving the effects (comp.verbs. eqs,) Replika XT was as good as I thought it would be. Electric sunburst deluxe seems a good melody guitar. Razor, Straylight, Pharlight - right up my street.

Will be avoiding any expansions that have the word "bounce", "tropical", "drill", etc

Another full day to go tomorrow (only have 4mb per sec here).