Audio Assualt AHM 5050

cclarry

7 hours ago, Soundwise said:

Not familiar with that notorious KVR thingy.

On kvr forum everytime a new popular plug-in is released it inevitably turns into an aliasing discussion.  Someone always brings out plugindoctor and immediately starts “hearing” aliasing that wasn’t there before hahha.  Usually discussion gets pretty heated after that. It’s one thing to hear it like you did but  on that forum its just so predictable where the threads will go around page 3 hehe.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kevin H said:

On kvr forum everytime a new popular plug-in is released it inevitably turns into an aliasing discussion.  Someone always brings out plugindoctor and immediately starts “hearing” aliasing that wasn’t there before hahha.  Usually discussion gets pretty heated after that. It’s one thing to hear it like you did but  on that forum its just so predictable where the threads will go around page 3 hehe.

Thanks for the explanation.

None of the amps did anything for me (comparing them side by side to PA offereings) via a demo.

However, I did grab the IR Loader plugin and signature cab pack.  If you buy the sig cab pack for $5 it gives you the option to get the IR loader for $6.  Now this won't compound with the 20% off coupon, but that is $1 less than if you used the 20% discount on each.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

None of the amps did anything for me (comparing them side by side to PA offereings) via a demo.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html

Not sure you can load up/add your own Cabinet IRs into and out of the PA amps???

You should download and try the FREE BLACKSUN Amp which has an IR selection under cabs

https://audioassault.mx/collections/plugins/products/blacksun

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html

Not sure you can load up/add your own Cabinet IRs into and out of the PA amps???

You should download and try the FREE BLACKSUN Amp which has an IR selection under cabs

https://audioassault.mx/collections/plugins/products/blacksun

You can disable the Cab sim in the PA amps and then use the IR Loader after the PA amp.  It works well that way.

I do have the free Blacksun Amp, still have it installed, but seems pretty unlikley I'll ever really use it.  It is one of those things years ago I'd be thrilled with, especially for free.  But given what I have and is available now, I think it isn't top tier.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@Brian Walton So keeping in mind one has a $20 off coupon for PA .. which guitar plug would you recommend?

Depends on the Tone you are looking for and the style you want.

Train II is IMO extremely unique (and fairly versitile, just mess with the Input under the FX rack section).  I've played a number of real Trainwrecks and it is pretty amazing to get something with that flavor in the box.

I like the Overdrive Supreme for clean tones but certainly demo it as there can be some noise in the high end that bothers some people, I think it is pretty acceptable in the context of a mix.

On the cheap (at the $10 out of pocket level) Chandler is cool for classic rock/southern rock stuff, but don't think it has the responsiveness and complexity of the other two.

The Suhr PT100 is quite good for the plexi thing but with more versatile than a straight plexi amp.

Train II has to be my top choice though as it offers something special that can cover a fair amount of ground.   Note I'm not a metal player as the "audio assault lineup" is going for.  Things like the Diezel VH4 or ENGL Savage 120 fit those shoes well.

Highly recommend running a few demos real quick.  I found I could get the idea of how well I could mesh with a amp within a very short period of time.  Yes, some of these take a bit of tweaking (the Train II for example with adjusting the input way more than you would think necessary to bring the amp to a lower gain range then mess with the 2 gain knobs to get a sweet spot).

Edited by Brian Walton

Thanks @Brian Walton  .. I am not a metal player but my style and sound would be Journey ( Neal Schon ), Rush ( Alex Lifeson ), Jeff Beck, Floyd ( David Gilmore ), Marillion ( Steve Rothery ). Def Leppard ( Phil Collen ), Thin Lizzy ( Brian Robertson, Scott Gorham, Gary Moore )

So from that it might narrow things :D

Edited by aidan o driscoll

12 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Thanks @Brian Walton  .. I am not a metal player but my style and sound would be Journey ( Neal Schon ), Rush ( Alex Lifeson ), Jeff Beck, Floyd ( David Gilmore ), Marillion ( Steve Rothery ). 

So from that it might narrow things :D

Quite a bit of diversity in that line up though certainly some overlap in approach and styles in a few of them.

I'd prob demo the Shur and Train II as starters

I think Marshall for Schon, Beck Liefson, and Rothery.

Gilmour is obviously a Hi-Watt guy but really runs it more as a high headroom clean platform for pedals and therefore the tone of the amp itself doesn't always feel like the signature.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1