I'm officially cold !!

Zo

When I came out to the garage/office/studio at 5:00 this morning, I tracked in some snow.

When I got up to go make a second pot of coffee at 8:00, I noticed it was still there.

The band is scheduled to rehearse in this space on Thursday. The forecast is for more snow and much colder temperatures.

But that'll just be acclimation for Friday night's gig, where the venue is at a much higher elevation with temperatures in single digits (-13 C for those outside the US). And twice as much snow. It's normally a 2-hour drive but will probably be double that in the snowstorm that's forecast. I don't think my rear-wheel drive van will make it, so we'll be jamming everything into three 4WD vehicles and caravanning up the mountainside.

I have never cancelled a gig. Ever. 

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

Here on the Canadian west coast it has been -10 C (14 F for those temperature challenged people) with a wind chill factor of -10 C. Now I know everyone out there thinks Canada is the land of snow and ice, and that we ride around on dog sleds and live in igloos so this should be no big deal. But things are a bit different around here. Vancouver has had a white Christmas only three times in the last 20 years. When we had the winter Olympics in 2010, we actually had to manufacture snow for the local ski hills. The biggest problem with all this is not the cold; it is those idiots who don't know how to drive in snow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

When I came out to the garage/office/studio at 5:00 this morning, I tracked in some snow.

Which one is it Bitflipper, is it an office, a garage, or a studio?

When the band is practicing, do you have the car warming up while your are sending faxes.   LOL 🤣

Just Kidding Bitflipper, just kidding

• Haha 1

Here, where I live it is now exact 0.0 C, so I don't know if plus or minus? And if tomorrow should be twice as warm, then.... 🤭

Anyway, we should get about 17 Degrees C on 31.12. so regulary we have here about -2 Degrees C during this time, so also here this week -7 Degrees C and during a week +17 Degrees C! 🤪

1 hour ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Was -42C yesterday I'm Edmonton. That's where celcius and Fahrenheit kinda meet (-43F)

I was born in Edmonton. So glad my parents moved away when I was four...to Montreal. Maybe not as cold but certainly way more snow.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 4