Proper light above DAW DESK?

Pathfinder

Use to be a fan above the desk, on the ceiling. Didn't work and didn't need it. So I already have th AC wiring and a solid brace to studs. Just wondering about EMI or other interference. Need I worry about that?

If so what type of light should I get? I was thinking hanging  type is easiest but could do track lighting flush to ceiling or fixture flush.

I do recall concerns of interference from LEDs, if that is a thing when on ceiling?

Thanks so much gang

Edited by Pathfinder

Personally, i found the most cost effective method I discovered was using a dual track strip with 4 mini spot lights with adjustable shades and color lenses, thus I could control 3 quick lightings with no noise.

Edited by Keni
  • Like 1

BTW, As I lost my house/studio a number of years ago, it took a bit to remember.

I had dual 2-track light strips with 4 independent switchers. No potentiometers as inexpensive ones bring noise.

Each strip can have multiple fixtures on each line so as a group of two short 2’ parallel dual-line tracks in any given area enabled inexpensive control of each area's lighting. Always one straight white for utility, and the other three set to different colors using glass lenses. Lots of variety.

• Like 1