Edit Articulation Maps In Batch

Unfortunately, that won't save you much time or effort if what you want to do is shift a bunch of keyswitch values up or down an octave. It's not a search-and-replace kind of operation. More like search and add 12.

It'd be a nice feature, to be able to select all articulations and shift all their values in one action. This has happened to me, where I've entered what I thought were the correct keyswitch values only to realize after considerable data entry that they're all off by an octave.

I whipped up a little Articulation Map Editor that should solve your Transpose problem 🙂

It's a hidden page (not available from the main page) because I'm lazy.

Get it here.

Excerpt from website...
The only functionality included in this version is Transposing Note events. This covers Articulation Maps that control key-switches.

Select the Articulation Map you want to modify in the Articulation Maps panel. All Groups contained in the map will be displayed in the Groups panel. Click to select one or more Groups to modify. You can use standard Windows controls (i.e. Hold Ctrl to select/deselect multiple items and hold Shift to select a range).

Set the amount to transpose each note/key using the numeric control on the right. The range is +/-48, which is 4 octaves up or down.

Click modify to start the process. The first time an Articulation Map is modified, the program will save a copy with the added extension “.orig” in the same folder, just in case. A message box will pop up to confirm the operation.

If the selected transposition causes any note range to go out of bounds ( less than ‘0’ or more than ‘127’), the program will notify you of the specific articulations that would fail and abort the entire modification operation without changing the file. If this occurs, you may need to modify the articulations individually in Cakewalk.

ArtMapEditor.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...