iZotope's makin' me mad.

Shane_B.

1 hour ago, paulo said:

https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-music-productionsuite-upgrade-advanced

Add code GROUP for further discount.

FWIW this has been as low as $125 in the last year. AFAIK That's usually about as low as it gets.

Whoever is responsible for Izotope's "loyalty upgrades"  section is a dope. My account has been known to have upgrade offers for things I already have. 

I explained the cluster I keep seeing regarding upgrades and offered them the Diamond bundle sale price for just Nectar 3 Plus and RX 9 Standard. I think that's a fair price considering they want to give you Nectar 3 Plus along with 10 other plugins in the Diamond bundle and it normally sells for $2200 dollars. I was nice about it and explained they didn't offer a holiday sale price of any kind for those unless they were in a bundle and I already owned all the high ticket items in those bundles.

That said, I can live without both, but it would nice to have RX9 Standard for cleaning up my old analog masters. Nectar 3 Plus would be great too but honestly, it looks more or less like they just automated a sidechain for you. I could do what it does with Melda's AutoDynamicEQ sidechained if I really tried. But I struggle wrapping my head around all that sidechain stuff.

6 minutes ago, abacab said:

But no worries, with MPS 4.1 in hand, they aren't getting any more of my money for a while, LOL! :)

The kicker about that deal is I already have most of the stuff in that MPS 4.1 bundle. And to add insult to injury they offer it to me for $279 then raise it to $499 when I click on the information button or put it in my cart. Jerks! 😁

19 hours ago, paulo said:

FWIW this has been as low as $125 in the last year. AFAIK That's usually about as low as it gets.

Whoever is responsible for Izotope's "loyalty upgrades"  section is a dope. My account has been known to have upgrade offers for things I already have. 

I haven't gotten a response from iZotope yet. Instead I got an automated message saying they are backed up and it will take a long time for them to get back to me. 

I looked at that bundle link you posted and it is great, but, it says it's an upgrade. I don't own any version of Nectar or RX. I'm not sure if I will actually be able to register Nectar 3 Plus and RX 9 Standard if I buy the 4.1 Upgrade Bundle because I don't own a lower version to upgrade from if that makes any sense. I can't seem to find a clear answer on that.

When I added the code at JRR it didn't work, but when I looked at the bottom it says group code was applied already. The price even without the code is more than fair if the bundle is something I can actually use. It says you have to upgrade from a previously purchased bundle. All of my software in my iZotope account shows it as solo purchases, not as bundles, so I really don't know what I can upgrade too. My purchase history only shows O8A and O9A but in the portal it shows Neutron 3 Advanced, O9A, and Tonal Balance Control 2. TBC2 doesn't come with O9A, it's a separate purchase, so that makes me think maybe I did buy a bundle and it's just not showing as one. Melda for example gives names to the bundles and lists everything clearly that came in the bundle in my account. I don't know if that's how iZotope does it or if they separate everything out.

Seeing how software is non-returnable they really need to make this more clear as to what you own and what you can upgrade to. And like you, I get a lot of offers to upgrade Ozone 9 Advanced to .... Ozone 9 Advanced. It's a giant cluster.

22 hours ago, paulo said:

Good news. I finally got through to iZotope via their chat option. They checked my account and said I was eligible for the upgrade to MPS 4.1. Then a few minutes later I got an email from them confirming I did qualify for the MPS 4.1 Upgrade bundle and they gave me a 20% off discount on it. The problem is, it's still more than if I buy it from JRRshop.

Now that I know I can buy the MPS 4.1 Bundle I'll get it from JRRshop. With the group code they automatically applied I can get it for $169. Even with the 20% off coupon iZotope gave me it comes to $223 from them. Honestly, if I hadn't known about the deal you showed me I would have thought $223 was a great deal. There's a lot of great software in that MPS 4.1 bundle.

I'm a happy camper now. 👍🏻

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

Good news. I finally got through to iZotope via their chat option. They checked my account and said I was eligible for the upgrade to MPS 4.1. Then a few minutes later I got an email from them confirming I did qualify for the MPS 4.1 Upgrade bundle and they gave me a 20% off discount on it. The problem is, it's still more than if I buy it from JRRshop.

Now that I know I can buy the MPS 4.1 Bundle I'll get it from JRRshop. With the group code they automatically applied I can get it for $169. Even with the 20% off coupon iZotope gave me it comes to $223 from them. Honestly, if I hadn't known about the deal you showed me I would have thought $223 was a great deal. There's a lot of great software in that MPS 4.1 bundle.

I'm a happy camper now. 👍🏻

The 4.1 upgrade is from "any advanced product"  as well as previous MPS bundles and you said that you already had 08A and 09A so either one of those gets you in the door. If you actually type GROUP in the discount code box it will knock it down a little further. 

For future reference Izotope direct prices are always more than retailers, they told me years ago that it's done deliberately to avoid competing with the retailers because they're not likely to push the products if people can get just get it from Izotope for the same price, so it always pays to look elsewhere with Izotope.. JRR are usually there or thereabouts and are very approachable if you find a deal that they are not showing on their website. Ask for Uncle Eric and if it can be done, he will make it happen. :)

Edited by paulo

15 minutes ago, paulo said:

If you actually type GROUP in the discount code box you it will knock it down a little further. 

Ah! It did. It took off another $3 bucks. Thanks. 

16 minutes ago, paulo said:

For future reference Izotope direct prices are always more than retailers, they told me years ago that it's done deliberately to avoid competing with the retailers because they're not likely to push the products if people can get just get it from Izotope for the same price

That makes sense.

I just got it and I'll start downloading everything. All this registration stuff scares me. I hope it goes smoothly. 

2 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I just got it and I'll start downloading everything. All this registration stuff scares me. I hope it goes smoothly. 

Congrats! From one camper to another, there's some excellent software in there and Izotope's Product Portal has worked pretty well for me.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Fleer said:

The Apple Silicon Way :)

Considering how light those things are on the CPU as it is, I'd rather them "update" them in the sense of getting on board with the rest of the Izotope authorization systems so we are not stuck with 1 seat per liscence.  Granted I have 3 copies of R4 and Nimbus thanks to recent sales, plus A couple Phoenix and Excalibur.  

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

The Apple Silicon Way :)

I would speculate that the first iZotope reverb to get Apple M1 support will be Neoverb, their latest, based on Exponential tech. I assume that they probably wouldn't be planning further development for legacy Exponential products. The fact that iZotope hasn't even bothered to update the Exponential reverbs to the current iZotope licensing system tells me that much...

Resistance is futile once you have been assimilated. :)

Neoverb is powered by Exponential Audio’s famous reverb engines. Inspired by classic studio hardware, Exponential Audio reverbs are beloved for their high quality algorithms and realistic room sounds. Combine best-in-class sound quality with iZotope’s intuitive workflow, and you have a reverb plug-in ready to tackle any mix.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/neoverb.html#specs

Edited by abacab
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, mibby said:

Congrats! From one camper to another, there's some excellent software in there and Izotope's Product Portal has worked pretty well for me.

The only thing that really threw me off and delayed the install was the licensing process wasn't clear. I got 3 emails all at once from JRRshop after I paid them. Two gave me a serial and the 3rd said I had to follow a link to enter a license but it said the license had to be manually created and I would have to wait for it to arrive. The license was actually the serial in the other two that came instantly with the one telling me I'd have to wait. I waited a while and nothing came then lost patients and tried the serial in the link where it asked for a license and it worked.

You are right, there is some excellent software in that bundle. I was focused on just getting Nectar 3 and RX 9 and didn't really look at everything else until I went to install each one. I don't see me having a need for Stutter Edit 2 but I will absolutely use everything else that came with it. I'm glad they turned me down when I asked if I could just get Nectar and RX 9.

👍🏻

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I was focused on just getting Nectar 3

N3 was a game changer for me!  I love that plugin! Use it sparingly though because it's pretty CPU hungry.  I wish they'd break it out into individual plugins like Ozone and Neutron... 

13 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I don't see me having a need for Stutter Edit 2

I'm not what you'd call an obvious candidate for using that either, but it can be pretty good when used as texture here and there rather than being the thing that drives the piece. Intros/outros/breakdown sort of things. Maybe even just a one line variation in a verse. Personally I find it more useful than vocalsynth, but one day I might find a use for that too, so I'm happy enough to leave it there as a potential tool as it wasn't any part of my reason to get the bundle.

• Like 2