iZotope's makin' me mad.

Shane_B.

Been waiting forever for Nectar 3 Plus to go on sale. It never seems to though.

I own Ozone 9 Advanced, Tonal Balance Control 2, and Neutron 3 Advanced. Nectar 3 Plus is $249 and comes with Melodyne Essentials. I already own Melodyne Studio 5 so Essentials does me no good.

They sent me a crossgrade bundle offer on sale that includes Nectar 3 Plus, O9A, TBC2, and N3A, for $299. In other words, I can give up my serials for O9A, TBC2, N3A, obtain new ones then give them $50 more than I would if I just flat out bought Nectar 3 Plus.

Seriously ... who comes up with this crap. And they wonder why people are tempted to used hacked software. 

How much are you looking to pay? I have a license and I don't use it as much as I thought I would... I can send you proof of ownership if needed...

I do use Melodyne, but you said you don't need that anyway.

Edited by Milan

5 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

Been waiting forever for Nectar 3 Plus to go on sale. It never seems to though.

I own Ozone 9 Advanced, Tonal Balance Control 2, and Neutron 3 Advanced. Nectar 3 Plus is $249 and comes with Melodyne Essentials. I already own Melodyne Studio 5 so Essentials does me no good.

They sent me a crossgrade bundle offer on sale that includes Nectar 3 Plus, O9A, TBC2, and N3A, for $299. In other words, I can give up my serials for O9A, TBC2, N3A, obtain new ones then give them $50 more than I would if I just flat out bought Nectar 3 Plus.

Seriously ... who comes up with this crap. And they wonder why people are tempted to used hacked software. 

another alternative:

Write Izotope support an email telling them what you have and  telling them the price you want to pay for what you want.  I have found them very responsive and they have met my price 3 times now over the last 4 years.  I have never found that their 'loyalty offers' on my product page made a whole lot of sense especially when it came to price versus what I already had.  Izotope did answer one time that they couldn't do what I wanted, so I found another way or just waited.  

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

1 hour ago, balinas said:

another alternative:

Write Izotope support an email telling them what you have and  telling them the price you want to pay for what you want.  I have found them very responsive and they have met my price 3 times now over the last 4 years.  I have never found that their 'loyalty offers' on my product page made a whole lot of sense especially when it came to price versus what I already had.  Izotope did answer one time that they couldn't do what I wanted, so I found another way or just waited.  

I agree they are very responsive. I bought Ozone 8 Advanced a long time ago and a couple months later they released Ozone 9 Advanced and wanted a ton of money to upgrade. I asked if there was anything they could do to lower the price and they upgraded me to Ozone 9 Advanced for free and let me keep my Ozone 8 Advanced license.

I think I'll just contact them and make them an offer. I think I saw they have a 25% off sale going on some stuff, I'll ask if they can extend that to Nectar 3 Plus.

I've used their software off and on over the years but Starting with Ozone 8 Advanced it was the first time I ever felt like it was worth dishing out a ton of money for. I've only recently had some time to really dive in to O9A and force myself to use it to the fullest I could. I mixed and mastered 3 songs in a little over a week during the middle of December. Volume wise, mix wise, and sonically it was the first time I ever got close to a professional sounding recording. Tonal Balance Control 2 alone is worth the money. The area where I struggled was with getting vocals to sit in the mix properly and Nectar would have helped immensely with that.

Ozone 9 Advanced, Neutron 3 Advanced, Tonal Balance Control 2, and Nectar 3 Plus is an amazing set of tools imo.

• Great Idea 1

5 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

Ozone 9 Advanced, Neutron 3 Advanced, Tonal Balance Control 2, and Nectar 3 Plus is an amazing set of tools imo.

Ozone 9 Advanced is my "Desert Island" plugin.  I could do EVERYTHING with just that one plugin...no need for anything else...
that is unless the vocals were horrible...LOL

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Got an email from iZotope that they are extending their Christmas sale till January 11th.

I didn't see this bundle before but they have a Diamond bundle that has Nectar 3 Plus in it. It has 12 plugins all totaled including O9 Standard and Neutron Standard. The whole bundle is $149. Nectar 3 Plus alone is $249. Nectar 3 Plus is the only thing in the bundle I would use since I have the Advanced versions of N3 and O9 and have no interest whatsoever in the other things included. They do include RX Elements but it's pretty basic and wouldn't do much for me. I would have to upgrade it to RX 9 Standard.

I don't know. It seems like the best way to get in to Nectar 3 Plus without having to contact them and beg for a stand alone discount.

To me the ultimate bundle would be Ozone 9 Advanced, Neutron 3 Advanced, Nectar 3 Plus, and RX 9 Standard. Can I have that for $249 please. Yeah, nice to dream. 😁

Absolutely great  products. Often screwy, frustrating sales/marketing. They will, however, sometimes individually work with you, price-wise ,if you get caught in a really odd situation. And , oh yes, …one more thing …They will never offer, during your lifetime or that of your children or grand-children, a good deal on RX Advanced😆

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LAGinz said:

Absolutely great  products.

I like the RX functionality, but navigation in RX is a horror IMHO. I can only work with very small clips reasonable! Otherwise I prefer to work with the RX plugins in any of my DAWs!

The 2nd thing I don't like is that iZotope does not sell the individual RX plugins! 😟 I have RX Standard and there are just about 2 plugins of Advanced that I miss. Thus the upgrade price is much too high for me!

2 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

To me the ultimate bundle would be Ozone 9 Advanced, Neutron 3 Advanced, Nectar 3 Plus, and RX 9 Standard. Can I have that for $249 please. Yeah, nice to dream. 😁

The iZotope Music Production Suite 4 has all that and more, including Vocal Synth 2, Neoverb, and the Exponential Audio reverbs. My loyalty crossgrade price was close to that at $299 in mid-2021. Well it was still RX-8 Standard at that time, but they later offered an upgrade to RX-9 Standard via an inexpensive MPS4.1 upgrade.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

I think that the model iZotope has for ugrades and how they track your stuff you own is horrible, but, I love all their stuff that I use. And, as I've said before, it's FAR cheaper to sub each year than play the staggered upgrade path they present. If you are using enough and want the latest all the time, obviously :).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abacab said:

The iZotope Music Production Suite 4 has all that and more, including Vocal Synth 2, Neoverb, and the Exponential Audio reverbs. My loyalty crossgrade price was close to that at $299 in mid-2021. Well it was still RX-8 Standard at that time, but they later offered an upgrade to RX-9 Standard via an inexpensive MPS4.1 upgrade.

I just clicked on the Loyalty Upgrade section. It says I can upgrade to RX9 Advanced for $149 but I don't have any version of RX at all to upgrade from. Then when I click on 'More Information' it takes me to another screen and jacks the price up to $299. What a cluster****.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

I just clicked on the Loyalty Upgrade section. It says I can upgrade to RX9 Advanced for $149 but I don't have any version of RX at all to upgrade from. Then when I click on 'More Information' it takes me to another screen and jacks the price up to $299. What a cluster****.

Their pricing is "messy" to put it kindly, but they will honor the price if it's in your account, at least they have with me in the past.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-music-productionsuite-upgrade-advanced

Add code GROUP for further discount.

FWIW this has been as low as $125 in the last year. AFAIK That's usually about as low as it gets.

Whoever is responsible for Izotope's "loyalty upgrades"  section is a dope. My account has been known to have upgrade offers for things I already have. 

Edited by paulo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, paulo said:

My account has been known to have upgrade offers for things I already have. 

My account is slam full of that at the moment!

But no worries, with MPS 4.1 in hand, they aren't getting any more of my money for a while, LOL! :)