Varidesk type Setup for DAW?

Pathfinder

Hi

Not sure here this belongs. Move it it needs to be moved.

I was wondering if anyone is using some type of varidesk product or alternative for your daw setup. I have regular desktop setup-but would love to stand up when needed.

They are not cheap so I wanted to check.

Thanks folks

I have a full.motized standup desk at the office that I really like a lot and have considered getting the same for home daw use.  Yes, it was like $600 but my home desk is old and in need of replacement at this point.  Being able to transition from recording a vocal to seeing the screen in stand position would be quite useful, and standing makes you Less tired overall, I have found.

Hard part for me will be going from corner to not corner.  I know that corner is "bad for audio" but I really like how I have things and it sounds good, is very accessible, etc.

I like the while desk option though.  I don't think a varidesk partial desktop surface would work for me.  Too many peripherals that need to follow the up and down.

While it may not be a Varidesk (probably one of those where the whole desk rises and drops using a push-button), but I want my next DAW desk to have that ability!  Especially since I play guitar, it will be nice to be able to use the desk while standing up.

I have one of these velcro'd to the wall, next to the "vocal booth" (aka padded corner of the room) in my studio:

nanoKON2bk-large.jpg

They're only £35 - £40, and gives me control over most of what I need when doing a vocal take. It's also fun watching my daughter freak when the MCU faders move "on their own" when I move the nanoKONTROL 2 ones.

• Haha 1

I do IT consulting and one of our clients has been getting a lot of the automated desks.  They're only paying about $250 for them (the VariDesks are in the high $300's I believe).  I want to say they found them at Ikea, but I suppose I could always ask!

[Edit:  Just sent an email to the Office Admin for my client and asked!  I'll report back what she tells me.]

Edited by craigb