I am OFFICIALLY OLD!

cclarry

3 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

congrats. its good to be old.

20046843_964255420381539_615580424658898

But these whipper snappers, including my own 13 yr old daughter, havr pushed our beloved Yoda aside for a younger, hipper, cuter character, Grogu AKA Baby Yoda. I think our little group here at the forum is a bit on the older side. Maybe that's why there's not all the trolling of some of the other forums. Maybe we've lost our spunk? Young people can mouth off and be cool, but geezers do the same and it has the "get off my lawn vibe." So, I suppose that being friendly is our best option. Darn. ;)

(Intentional use of dated terms, BTW, for comic effect. ) 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

As of today, I can OFFICIALLY draw Social Security, the pre-requisite to being OLD!
First check arrives on February 23rd, and it can't come soon enough!  The past few
years have been REALLY ROUGH!  So...YAY!

OMG!!! I can't believe that when I saw Larry's original post, for some reason I was only looking at it as some kind of eligibility and not even thinking that what Dr Deal is saying is, it's his birthday (it took someone else posting it to realize!!! Sad on my part). A thousand pardons, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, @cclarry !!!!

image.png.40031b175591bd1159eba0e790f9af9b.png

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

No worries there...I couldn't get hired when I was in my 50's...and have multiple degrees and Certifications...

That always stinks. We need you, we need you, but we can't hire you because you're too old. Makes so much sense 🤔🤨

• Like 1

Getting older beats the current alternative!  (And those that have the most birthdays tend to live the longest!)  😁

I guess I should have made post about my birthday last week, nobody remembered... 😢

Oh well, happy birthday!  😉

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

Happy Birthday Larry.  Waiting for 65 here.... less than a year to go.  Welcome to the geezer club 🥂

Once at 65 there will be at least an additional 1 year and 6 months before the gov't says you are old.

And the goal moves every year for the next for years (at least).

At 65, all one gets is a bill for Medicare which may be ignored (for a price if one decides to enroll after 65) or if covered by an employer's policy.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, craigb said:

Getting older beats the current alternative!  (And those that have the most birthdays tend to live the longest!)  😁

I guess I should have made post about my birthday last week, nobody remembered... 😢

Oh well, happy birthday!  😉

Oh....so sorry Craig!  HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY!  I won't forget now!

1 minute ago, scook said:

Once at 65 there will be at least an additional 1 year and 6 months before the gov't says you are old.

And the goal moves every year for the next for years (at least).

Yep...I just made the cut for drawing at 62.  I was born Dec. 27th, 1959, and the cut point was Jan 1st, 1960!

• Like 1