I am OFFICIALLY OLD!

cclarry

24 minutes ago, cclarry said:

As of today, I can OFFICIALLY draw Social Security, the pre-requisite to being OLD!
First check arrives on February 23rd, and it can't come soon enough!  The past few
years have been REALLY ROUGH!  So...YAY!

Be careful if you start drawing earlier than FULL retirement age, if you still plan on working...

SSA has limits on how much you can earn annually until FULL retirement age, and they will suspend your payments if you earn above the income limit. After FULL retirement age, you are free to earn as much as you wish. But that last part kind of defeats the point of retirement, LOL!

Just now, abacab said:

Be careful if you start drawing earlier than FULL retirement age, if you still plan on working...

SSA has limits on how much you can earn annually until FULL retirement age, and they will suspend your payments if you earn above the income limit. After FULL retirement age, you are free to earn as much as you wish. But that last part kind of defeats the point of retirement, LOL!

No worries there...I couldn't get hired when I was in my 50's...and have multiple degrees and Certifications...
so I'm good!  I've been living on $180 a month for 5 years...so this will be like being RICH LOL!

• Like 5
  • Great Idea 1

7 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

Happy Birthday Larry.  Waiting for 65 here.... less than a year to go.  Welcome to the geezer club 🥂

Thanks Brian...I opted to draw at 62....I don't want to live on $180 a month for another 3 years...LOL
It's been a heck of a time doing it for the past 5...no more...show me da money!

• Like 4
  • Great Idea 3

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

As of today, I can OFFICIALLY draw Social Security, the pre-requisite to being OLD!

Congratulation Larry, 

You can now join the "Old Gentlemen's"  club.  In my Neighborhood, they sit around McDonalds from 7am to 12 noon telling war stories and getting free coffee  LOL 🤣 

• Great Idea 2
  • Haha 2