A Dead Star

Wookiee

A White Dwarf Star is a Dead Star.

They have burned up all of the hydrogen they once used as nuclear fuel. Fusion in a star's core produces heat and outward pressure, but this pressure is kept in balance by the inward push of gravity generated by a star's mass.

This is more a Soundscape than a musical tune, the last dying breaths of a Star.

Thanks for listening, the toys used in this;

Cherry Audio
Eight Voice
MemoryMood
PolyMood

Arturia
Modular (Moog)

Roland
JD-800

FX used
Phasis & Tape Melo-FI, Softube Saturate, Boz-Digitals +10dB Compressor
Cakewalk Pro Channel Modules N-Type Channel, Quad Curve EQ, Tube Saturation

Track composed recorded and mixed in Cakewalk By Bandlab.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, jack c. said:

highly interesting.jack c.

Glad you found it so thanks for listening

17 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

That was wild Wookiee - nicely done - top-notch mix - it was a fun listen through headphones.

You are most kind Douglas thanks for your ears and kind words.

On 12/28/2021 at 4:17 AM, David Sprouse said:

I felt the outward pressure, and  I felt the equilibrium.  It's amazing what you come up with using synths, so many possibilities and you choose just the right ones.

Thank you David, your own voicing selections are also well made. 

Thanks for taking the time to listen and commenting. 

On 12/28/2021 at 7:11 AM, bjornpdx said:

Wonderful procession of sounds Wookie. Yeah, more soundscape than tuneful, but still captivating.
Modular and CS80 are my fav Arturia vsts. I'm liking Cherry Audio MemoryMood a lot.

Thanks, they are a good choice of synths the CS80 is such a vast instrument. The Moog is fun to especially as Arturia made it polyphonic. 

Headphones should be mandatory for this! Those synths are well placed and sound very clear, well placed in . . . space. I thought I heard some space birds as well! I've heard a lot recently about the CS-80 and the different software versions, do you like or love the Arturia version?

This is an incredible soundscape and it enhanced my morning. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

On 12/30/2021 at 2:04 AM, Larry T. said:

Very interesting Soundscape....pronounced loops at the intro becoming less so....evolving into what sounds like a slowed down dulcimer....echoed voices....a slow circular vibe to the loops as there is no rhythm,  per se....👍🎹🎧🔊

No loops were used or abused in this tune. I rarely use loops and if I do I make my own.

Thank you for the time taken to listen and commenting it's appreciated. 

On 12/30/2021 at 4:22 PM, mark skinner said:

Wookie , this composition sounded "alive".  NASA TV could use your expertise. They seem to be using music written for "Get smart" or "Batman" with 808 drums mixed in ..             Nice ..  mark

You are most kind sir, I had noticed it makes me wonder how or who is getting the err you know backhander.

NASA could most certainly use this to front some of the images they get from that new $10bn toy they just blasted into space.

The thing I really admire is how you blend the sounds so that they evolve and morph into each other.

(inter)Stellar stuff. 😉

Andy

• Thanks 1