Platinum Samples Cakewalk Session Drummer Kits

cclarry

Larry, help me out here.  These have to be significantly lower quality than their version for BFD 3.0, right? If not,  for 15 bucks I'm definitely going to pick this up. But I'm used to Superior Drummer 2, Addictive Drums and KONTAKT drum libraries and Session Drummer's factory kit is a huge step down from any of those, but are these kits somehow at a higher quality level than those and in the same league ad, say Addictive Drums? I actually always wanted to pick this library up but never bought BFD. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Larry, help me out here.  These have to be significantly lower quality than their version for BFD 3.0, right? If not,  for 15 bucks I'm definitely going to pick this up. But I'm used to Superior Drummer 2, Addictive Drums and KONTAKT drum libraries and Session Drummer's factory kit is a huge step down from any of those, but are these kits somehow at a higher quality level than those and in the same league ad, say Addictive Drums? I actually always wanted to pick this library up but never bought BFD. 

Most definitely lower quality.  Session Drummer is ok for a "starter", but there are certainly far better...
and I've never even cared for it, but that's just me comparing to the alternatives.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cclarry said:

Most definitely lower quality.  Session Drummer is ok for a "starter", but there are certainly far better...
and I've never even cared for it, but that's just me comparing to the alternatives.

Thanks, Larry. I wish they made these for KONTAKT. I'd pick them up in a heartbeat. Also, not to be a hater, but Andy Johns kits are the ones I'd want the most -- and he worked on some of the greatest albums in rock with some of the greatest, most iconic drum sounds for Zeppelin, The Stones, Blind Faith, Joe Cocker...and the first thing you see on his page are a bunch of pictures of him and Eddie Money???? Sorry man, but WTH???? Is there someone in the 21st century who is passing over the sound of Bonham's drums and saying, "I want to capture the magic of the drum's on Eddie Money's Shaking"  or "Take Me Home Tonight." Okay, granted, my favorite drum teacher -- I had like five -- played with the Peter Brown Band, who gave us the hits "Do You Wanna Get Funky with Me" and "Dance With Me," but even he'd acknowledge that drum libraries from his albums aren't at anywhere near the greatness of Zeppelin albums or the Stones. You're promoting Andy freaking Johns, you have 7 images of him you use on the website  -- you don't make three of those images Eddie Money.

Anyhow, rant over! ;)  

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thanks, Larry. I wish they made these for KONTAKT. I'd pick them up in a heartbeat. Also, not to be a hater, but Andy Johns kits are the ones I'd want the most -- and he worked on some of the greatest albums in rock for Zeppelin, The Stone, Blind Faith, Joe Cocker...and the first thing you see on his page are a bunch of pictures of him and Eddie Money???? Sorry man, but WTH???? Is there someone in the 21st century who is passing over the sound of Bonham's drums and saying, "I want to capture the magic of the drum's on Eddie Money's Shaking"  or "Take Me Home Tonight." Okay, granted, my favorite drum teacher -- I had like five -- played with the Peter Brown Band, who gave us the hits "Do You Wanna Get Funky with Me" and "Dance With Me," but even he'd acknowledge that drum libraries from his albums aren't at anywhere near the greatness of Zeppelin albums or the Stones. You're promoting Andy freaking Johns, you have 7 images of him you use on the website  -- you don't make three of those images Eddie Money.

Anyhow, rant over! ;)  

There are many artist kits available for Kontakt...but for the "Infinite Player" for Kontakt, and are available
at "Esoundz", (no Andy Johns though), but for these artists

https://esoundz.com/landingpages/infiniteplayer.php

Edited by cclarry

Sorry to wander somewhat off topic.

I would be interested in some MIDI groove files for SD3.

PS states

Formatted for BFD3®, BFD2®, EZdrummer®, Superior Drummer®, Addictive Drums®, Cakewalk® Session Drummer™, SSD4, Accent & *General MIDI Standard MIDI Files (all formats included)

Is this really possible? That the MIDI grooves could be formatted for so many, and still be "good"? I understand that with SD3 the velocities are hard to get right, and most non-TT MIDI files for SD3 are lacking.

Although, "everyone" seems to "always" be looking for PS / Joe Barresi Evil Drums for SDX. Did TT get PS to stop selling these?

Does anyone but TT make SDX's for SD3?

Edited by Bad Penguin

18 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thanks, Larry. I wish they made these for KONTAKT. I'd pick them up in a heartbeat. Also, not to be a hater, but Andy Johns kits are the ones I'd want the most -- and he worked on some of the greatest albums in rock with some of the greatest, most iconic drum sounds for Zeppelin, The Stones, Blind Faith, Joe Cocker...and the first thing you see on his page are a bunch of pictures of him and Eddie Money???? Sorry man, but WTH???? Is there someone in the 21st century who is passing over the sound of Bonham's drums and saying, "I want to capture the magic of the drum's on Eddie Money's Shaking"  or "Take Me Home Tonight." Okay, granted, my favorite drum teacher -- I had like five -- played with the Peter Brown Band, who gave us the hits "Do You Wanna Get Funky with Me" and "Dance With Me," but even he'd acknowledge that drum libraries from his albums aren't at anywhere near the greatness of Zeppelin albums or the Stones. You're promoting Andy freaking Johns, you have 7 images of him you use on the website  -- you don't make three of those images Eddie Money.

Anyhow, rant over! ;)  

Good point.  That would be sort of like Paul McCartney touting the fact he used to play with Pete Best.

• Like 1