Stop click from 1st beat accent?

jono grant

Hi there,

Trying to get a click that is just quarter notes, all equal level.

I've selected the same sound for the first beat and the other beats and set the levels equal. (ping low -3.5db)

It still accents the first beat, even if I drop the level of the first beat click. Is there any way to stop that?

Thanks

Tested various levels of each with low ping as both 1st beat and other beats and these are my findings:

1st beat: 0 = +0.2

other beats: 0 =-2.7

1st beat: -1 = -0.8

other beats: -1 = -4.2

1st beat: -2 = -1.6

other beat: -2 = -5.4

1st beat -3 = -2.4

other beats -3 = -6.6

1st beat -4 = -3.4

other beats -4 = -8.1

1st beat -5 = -4.2

other beats -5 = -9.3

So yes this is not working as expected.

I tested back to X1 with the same results.

The volumes are different for each as well as their ranges when changed are different.

Over the 5 db range the 1st accent had a range of 4.4 db (from -4.2 to +0.2) and over the same 5 db range the Other beats range was 6.6 db (-9.3 to -2.7)

Definitely worth a fix!

To achieve the same volume from the low ping you can set the 1st beat to -3 which will result in -2.4 db and the Other beats to +0.3 which will also result in -2.4 db.

1 hour ago, Blogospherianman said:

To achieve the same volume from the low ping you can set the 1st beat to -3 which will result in -2.4 db and the Other beats to +0.3 which will also result in -2.4 db. 

That seems to do it, thanks! This is one of those things that's been a bug for decades in cakewalk. It's funny how many things they add and change to the program but leave the simple fixes behind. Someone should put out a book of Cakewalk Work-arounds! :)